1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few pistols that deserve nice cases. Has anyone here bought one of the Negrini Cases? Looks pretty cool, but wonder about the fit of the gun, and the integrity of the construction. The local gun store had some pelican style cases that looked pretty cool, but were cheaply made. Anybody already figured out what they liked or, didn't like in a case?
Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
8,288 Posts
Just buy the real pelican case I have them they work great and rock solid. You can either buy the pre cut foam for inside or the solid foam and cut it with a razor knife. Cutting it yourself is much cheaper way to go.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts

Not a 1911. . . . .

Not one I've used/owned . . . .

And definitely not on topic . . . but for sure one of my "fave's".

I couldn't resist . . . . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a few pistols that deserve nice cases. Has anyone here bought one of the Negrini Cases? Looks pretty cool, but wonder about the fit of the gun, and the integrity of the construction. The local gun store had some pelican style cases that looked pretty cool, but were cheaply made. Anybody already figured out what they liked or, didn't like in a case?
Thanks in advance!
I just bought a Negrini to use for my son's Kobra Carry. The case does look cool, but requires a "little work" to get a tight fit. I think it will work well for me, but I was expecting it to be a little nicer given the price.

Have you looked at "gun cruzer" cases, or are you looking for something nicer?

·
Livin Large
1,969 Posts
I have a few pistols that deserve nice cases.
Thanks in advance!
All my pistols deserve nice cases. Unless I am putting them on an airplane and a "locked" case is
required by law I transport them almost exclusively in Midways Tactical bags. $14. I insert a 1/2 piece of foam in the bag to separate them and carry 2 pistols (1911s with and without dot scopes) most all the time. Holds many mags and two other large zippered pockets will hold ammo or anything else. VERY durable bags. Unless they are in my Bullseye range box, this is how I transport them.
BTW, they will accommodate long barreled revolvers and european target pistols also. I do not hesitate to put $3-4000.00 Custom target pistols in them.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
All my pistols deserve nice cases. Unless I am putting them on an airplane and a "locked" case is
required by law I transport them almost exclusively in Midways Tactical bags. $14. I insert a 1/2 piece of foam in the bag to separate them and carry 2 pistols (1911s with and without dot scopes) most all the time. Holds many mags and two other large zippered pockets will hold ammo or anything else. VERY durable bags. Unless they are in my Bullseye range box, this is how I transport them.
BTW, they will accommodate long barreled revolvers and european target pistols also. I do not hesitate to put $3-4000.00 Custom target pistols in them.

Hey Buzz,

If you (or any of the other Addicts) are looking for a nice soft side dual gun case, I would recommend the following.

https://www.passportholsters.com/index.php/ct-menu-item-3/deluxe-pistol-cases

I used to order them through Amazon/eBay, but it looks like these online sellers have pretty much evaporated. I bought the last couple they had for sale on Amazone last summer.

It took me several months of searching to find the manufacturer (a small outfit out of Florida), but I just tracked them down a week or so before Christmas.

You have to get these direct, which is fine. Free shipping for orders over $50. I just placed an order yesterday for a few more. I think their pricing is extremely reasonable.

Their shopping cart / online order process is a little clunky, but you can write to Dave at [email protected]

Hope this helps you and everyone else. They are great little cases. Very well padded and great construction. Cheap for the quality you get. A Medium case accommodates two full size 1911's very comfortably. The Small accommodates pistols the size of a Walther PPK or small revolver. Haven't ordered a Large or X-Large yet, but I plan on getting one of each in my next order (should be here next week).

Here are some photos of the case. Thought other Addicts would find this helpful. You can tell I like them, I've got about a dozen of them . . . .

Oh yea, they come with a lifetime warrantee. Never had to use it.

Zoid

Product Brown Bag Baggage Strap

Brown Textile Leather Fashion Black

Product Brown Leather Bag Baggage

Product Brown Bag Beige Baggage

Webbing Musical instrument accessory Bag Baggage Strap

Reactions: nmbuzz
1 - 10 of 10 Posts