1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1911 Fiend
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dillon used to make nice affordable Dillon Blue pistol rugs with mag pockets, etc. I still have a few. Was looking for something like that or better for a multi kilobuck 1911. Midway makes one but it's a little big. Any suggestions.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I'll drop you a recommendation on what I use a little later. Heading out to drive home. Tagged so I can respond.

Reactions: Jollyroger1

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts
Pelican; I know they’re big but they offer absolute protection.

·
Make it a double
17,011 Posts
For going into a range bag? If so I’m curious too. Now I use holsters in my range bag. Leaves something to be desired. A nice soft sack like a big Crown Royal bag might work.

·
Enabler
3,521 Posts
No crown royal bags. The bore store soft /silicone treated bags are the bomb. Like $9 on amazon . Excellent product made in the USA. View attachment 93943
Those look nice. I am using some sort of gun sock that is silicone treated but they don't look that nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,959 Posts

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,310 Posts
Pelican case with a custom hard foam insert.
Had this one made for my Chambers Custom and it fits like a glove. I could drop this from the second story onto concrete and not worry the pistol would get damaged.
www.mycasebuilder.com to get it started.
Gun Firearm White Trigger Line

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Naw, life gets in the way.

I needed to boot up my laptop to get the links. That didn't happen tonight.

I'll get it first thing tomorrow morning. Besides, I can take photos of what I will be recommending then too.

These cases meet the qualifications for a "gun rug" . . . . As a matter of fact, I just ordered four more. The arrived via UPS today.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
bulldog cases work for me in the safe and in the range bag. you have to be careful though not to snag the lining with sharp front sights

Reactions: Sneaky One
1 - 20 of 33 Posts