Gun nuts, compared

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by Philip A., Nov 22, 2020 at 2:14 AM.

1. Philip A.

Philip A. Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Having multiple guns (I'm quite sure that there are other people like this lurking around, maybe we should have meetings?), I roam various forums on the Net. Couldn't help to notice that, just like all guns are not equals, gun nuts do show some marked differences.

HK guy:
    - Just found an original grip screw, late 1973, serial XTRM234987-J, a steal at $1,799.99! Got lucky, there were only 46 other bidders.

1911 guy:
    - A crate of 1942 USGI magazines, still in the wrapper, $50.00 or will trade for 3 lbs of misc take-off parts

HK guy:
    - Which way should I turn the old grip screw to take it out?
    HK crowd (yelling):
    - DON'T!!!!! DON'T TOUCH!!! Send your P16.3 to Grumblestickfluger!!! A grip screw? You want to change a grip screw by yourself??? Moderators, please BAN!

1911 guy:
    - Am considering changing the hammer pin
    1911 crowd:
    - Since you're at it, check the engagement of the sear and hammer, you can get a new sear for cheap from (list of 32 different sellers/manufacturers follows), but you could as well make one from an old engine bolt, here are the original JMB drawings, 1915 revision. Don't forget to case-harden it when you're done, quite easy: you take leather, turn it into charcoal in an old tin box, then make a paste with...

AK guy:
    - Got a shoebox with some torch-cut parts, am sure there is a Russian trunnion in there, and a Romanian trigger group, also seen what looks like a Bulgarian gas block, and some parts still too rusted to tell, what you guys think?
    AK crowd:
    - Wow!!! That's an original 1960 Izhevsk trunnion! Taken off a dead goon in a rice paddy in South-Western Screwistan by the great-grand dad of Mad Fox Mike when he was still a Lieutenant! Man, I'm drooling...
    Still AK crowd:
    - Now, you gonna need a hammer and the biggest trailer jack you can find at the scrapyard...

SKS guy:
    - Found this Chinese SKS in the attic, my uncle Bob bought it at the hardware for $67.00 on his way back from high school. Most of the rust is mild, pitting is not very deep. What plastic stock would fit?
    SKS crowd:
    - Plastic??? Bubba Alert! Bubba Alert! They only imported 37 million of these, you're gonna destroy its COLLECTOR VALUE!!!

nathanotis, isialk, FWoo45 and 11 others like this.

2. ReaperCustom45

ReaperCustom45 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2019
    Don't forget the Glock crowd....
    Glock perfection, now lemme go dump $2k into improving "perfection"

Welder49, isialk, FWoo45 and 3 others like this.
  3. FNFAN

FNFAN Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 15, 2013
    Anybody got more details on the:

"Don't forget to case-harden it when you're done, quite easy: you take leather, turn it into charcoal in an old tin box, then make a paste with..."

Asking for a friend.:confused:

isialk, FWoo45, WC145 and 3 others like this.
  4. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
  5. taurn7

taurn7 Active Member

Nov 24, 2011
    And using only OEM mags for carry, but is fine with aftermarket AR, 1911 mags.

We are all nuts here. :laugh:

ReaperCustom45 and isialk like this.
  6. AGENT P

AGENT P 1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART

Jun 24, 2019
    This was a fun read thanks for posting.

isialk likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted