1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arizona is still very gun friendly (at least for now). Private sales do not require a transfer or paperwork. I've aquired as many guns as possible that way. Now I wonder if my CCW, issued by our state Department of Public Safety, isn't a back door for bringing attention to myself?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would not worry about it - not having it, and being found carrying, is an entirely different level of attention. Besides the gov., at all levels, has a lot of strings to our households:
tax records
property acquisitions
phone numbers
driving licenses used for too many purposes
court records...

and that's not to mention the multitude of things obtainable under subpoena:
shopping records
CC transactions
shipping records
deliveries
utility accounts
school records
medical histories

from my .02 - holding a CCW isn't the worst of the bunch. I own nothing in the class 3 category - that opens another can of worms. But I travel too much not to keep a CCW current - for what it's worth when crossing state, county and metropolitan jurisdictions. In that department, I'd always wished for a national carry program - I don't waste the wishful thinking these days.

just my thoughts.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
AzHusker, Montana gun laws are similar to Arizona. Face to face still ok, no need for FFl involvement. My guess is that all changes soon. We are still an all red state, but I see the population changing. Lot of left coast folks here now, I don't mind (well I do but does no good) just leave your politics behind and vote red. And no global warming here, its cold, people get eaten by grizzly bears all the time and there are no social activities - at all.

Sorry for the sidetrack. I have had my CCW for a good long while, and, like you, have always wondered if it raises flags. Before Mt changed, I was friends with our county undersheriff, he would laugh and tell me not to worry. Gosh, I miss the old days and ways

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,061 Posts
Now I wonder if my CCW, issued by our state Department of Public Safety, isn't a back door for bringing attention to myself?
How exactly? I don't get what you are asking.

Reactions: UBOATDOC

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Same here in Illinois with our Firearm owner ID, Illinois doesn’t register guns(yet), we register gun owners...

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
Our State is Constitutional Carry, no CCW required.
I have taken the course and retained documentation of having done so, but decided against getting the CCW. Likely for reasons implied by OP.
I no longer travel, except to Oregon (yeah, I know) to see daughter SIL and lil Prince.
I keep a few guns at their place for our visits to see them. Oregon isn't reciprocal with our State anyhow.
I carry while there at my own risk.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I intended to say "does the CCW add to your chances of a gun registration", although here our weapons are not listed on our permits. But the very fact that you have a permit is on file at the state level and certainly could be provided to the Feds.

·
Premium Member
26,544 Posts
Arizona is still very gun friendly (at least for now). Private sales do not require a transfer or paperwork. I've aquired as many guns as possible that way. Now I wonder if my CCW, issued by our state Department of Public Safety, isn't a back door for bringing attention to myself?
Well, in a Red Dawn type situation, yes, It would give OTHERS a damn good idea that you have guns.

·
Banned
824 Posts
I can tell you, they already know you own guns. Internet history, online ammo/accessory purchases, as well as posts on forums, armslist, emails, gunbroker, ect. Having a ccw isn't going to make any difference at all, they already know you own guns without that. That being said, pretty sure ccw permit isn't required in AZ, why get one if you are worried about that?

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Same as above. Just a permit might calm down the "authorities" a little more in some situations. That's all.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I would not worry about it - not having it, and being found carrying, is an entirely different level of attention. Besides the gov., at all levels, has a lot of strings to our households:
tax records
property acquisitions
phone numbers
driving licenses used for too many purposes
court records...

and that's not to mention the multitude of things obtainable under subpoena:
shopping records
CC transactions
shipping records
deliveries
utility accounts
school records
medical histories

from my .02 - holding a CCW isn't the worst of the bunch. I own nothing in the class 3 category - that opens another can of worms. But I travel too much not to keep a CCW current - for what it's worth when crossing state, county and metropolitan jurisdictions. In that department, I'd always wished for a national carry program - I don't waste the wishful thinking these days.

just my thoughts.
Gave up my class III ticket a long time ago. To much of a headache. I won't even bother with a can. I don't need a CCW, but I still got one. I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Maybe not news but if you think every call made to the FBI for form 4473 approval is not on record with the mothership, guess again.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
From what I read as well, the changes ATF made to 4473s awhile back basically created a registry system for them. They know what we have, no point in trying to hide it.
I doubt it will come down to going after us door to door. They really don't have to.
They have the power to shut down the entire industry with just one or two
law changes.
I suspect they still understand that there are a good number of voting gun owners that could cause them to lose their jobs but just something like shutting down the internet sales of anything gun related would cause chaos for all of us.

·
Banned
824 Posts
I doubt it will come down to going after us door to door. They really don't have to.
They have the power to shut down the entire industry with just one or two
law changes.
I suspect they still understand that there are a good number of voting gun owners that could cause them to lose their jobs but just something like shutting down the internet sales of anything gun related would cause chaos for all of us.
I agree. They are just going to sue manufacturers out of existence, and regulate everything into oblivion. Shutting down internet sales would be a massive blow, as would the stuff the kid sniffer wants to do. The question is when will enough people say the line has been crossed and stand up? I don't mean physically fight either, if a large group of gun owners openly displayed civil disobedience as one, they couldn't do anything.

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
^^^ Add to this; “and in the event you need to use a weapon to defend your life- you WILL be visited by the Gestapo.”
At which point you are fully and truly screwed/ if EVERYTHING is not registered/blood monies paid for each magazine/you get the rest.
It IS TIME to resist.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts