Gun Sales

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by azguy1911, Jan 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Looking at the classified here and on GB's it seems over the last 30 days gun sales have come to a screeching halt.

Any other 'addict" with the same observation ?

2. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    It's been hit and miss for quite sometime

boatdoc, A45GUNNER, SCS1911 and 2 others like this.

3. daved20319

daved20319 Active Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Yeah, lots of stuff isn't moving at all, and the stuff that is, is going for fire sale prices. I've had several guns for sale over the last few months, good guns at fair prices, and have gotten next to no interest. I'm hoping it's a case of the Holidays taking all the attention (and money), and not a general glut on the market, I still have guns for sale that need to move so I can buy different guns ;)! Time will tell. Later.

Dave

Slapshot, bobo3020 and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  4. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I’m just out of money! Otherwise sime would not be sitting “fer sail” for long:mad:
    I’m always trying to do my part! My problem is knives have taken all my gun money, dem booger’s aren’t cheap either!

cgff, Mike O'Rangers, boatdoc and 5 others like this.
  5. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014

Absolutely! I agree that the holidays probably play a big part in the slowdowns.

Slapshot likes this.
  6. daved20319

daved20319 Active Member

Jun 27, 2018
    I'm not really a collector of anything. I have half a dozen pistols at the moment, but 4 of those are for sale or trade. I have a bunch of knives kicking around, but I generally only have one carry knife at a time, my current is a Benchmade Casbah auto I got last year, mostly because the Boker Kalashnikov Auto I'd been carrying for the previous 5 years or more was finally wearing out. I don't tend to lose or break stuff, I tend to keep the same cel phone for 5 years at a time, and then only "upgrade" because I have to for one reason or another. The Benchmade is the most expensive knife I've bought to date, but it's also the nicest, better steel, better safety, and just generally better design, I'll almost certainly be replacing it what another when this one bites the dust.

I hear you on being out of money, I "jumped the gun" on a couple of recent purchases, buying before I sold, so now I'm sort of gun rich but cash poor, if you know what I mean. Much as I want that CZ SP-01 Tactical, I've GOT to get some stuff sold first. The only thing that's keeping it from driving me absolutely nuts is I really can't shoot right now anyway, weather has made outdoor shooting miserable, and there's no indoor range within at least 100 miles. Later.

Dave

wcanterbury and Slapshot like this.
  7. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Market has been dead for some time. Doubt it will get any better in the near term. I have a few being built right now and everyone says it is slow.

bobo3020 and Slapshot like this.
  8. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Christmas can be tough on a lot of people's disposable income. I'd be a buyer for the right gun at the right price but that's about it. I just dropped off 9 guns for auction that were all nice guns but I didn't shoot them so down the road they go. We'll see how they do and if it goes OK I'll probably put another 5 or 6 in the next auction. I'm trying to reduce quantity and increase quality in my guns. It took some time but I now know what I like in a 1911 and if it doesn't fit the criteria I'm not going to buy it period. I'm not really feeling all warm and fuzzy about the political outlook or the economic outlook so I'm definitely being conservative both personally and professionally. I hope I'm wrong but I'm preparing for some rough seas ahead.

9. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    No surprises I guess. I made some offers on gun and was kind of shocked they were not take. Stuff on GB that have gone through 3 or 4 listing periods and they wanted like $3,000 and I offered $2,750 on two and ($2,600 on another) shipped to me and they laughed

10. Harleyvato

Harleyvato Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2017
    With me it’s really just that I don’t want anything right now.i see things for sale and I realize I’ve got one(or more than one) and just don’t have to have it. I’ve also been looking at setting aside things for my kids,grandkids,and a couple of friends and will probably start distributing those sooner than later. Health issues don’t let me shoot like I used to,so that has been a big factor in my buying. I will probably not be selling very much of what I have accumulated due to the market being so soft.im greafull I’m not hurting for cash.

Slapshot and bobo3020 like this.
  11. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I'm guessing that the margins are so skinny already that they'd rather sit on it then take the hit. I waffled back and forth as well. I bought a bunch of them during the frenzy and now I'm trying to move them right after xmas in a down period. Never said I was very smart.... I'd give someone a helluva' deal on a gun if i liked them but if I thought somebody was trying to take advantage of the circumstances I'd not budge one bit. I've cut off my nose to spite my face more than once.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  12. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    I can only speak for locally, but I don't see retail prices moving down much at all. If anything, they are up a bit. The gun store I frequent had a huge sales staff and four deep at the counter when Obummer was in office. That was just the handgun counter. Now you see maybe one or two people at the counter on any given day. Yet the prices are firm and won't budge. Go figure.....

13. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    A few of my FFL buddies are telling me sales are really down, Seems everyone has 3 or 4 AR-15s, all the plastic fantastics they can carry, and the revolver market has hit bottom, except for the old/mint/rare versions. Things will start to pick up if the anti-gun guys get elected.

14. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    A screeching halt is a bit of an exaggeration, while it may be a little slower here we are closing multiple threads every day.

ronin11, WHEELS, Babboonbobo and 2 others like this.
  15. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    I think that the past two years of GOP rule and with two more to go that most buyers are at a wait and see scenario to see if better deals may come forward. YMMV

16. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I've sold 3 this year at fair pricing. I have an AR I would like to sell, it's here in the classified and listed elsewhere. It is listed very fairly but I am not willing to give it away.

Razer likes this.
  17. dimedog

dimedog Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Simple economics really. The ones that are not selling are priced too high.
    If the seller won't lower price, it will not sell.
    Supply and demand at it's finest.
    I recently sold a pistol on here in less than 1 day. Priced it to sell it and it's gone.

ronin11, RS., dstallguy and 6 others like this.
  18. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    I've bought 3 since Christmas!!!:thumbs:

Things are slower, but I see plenty of guns still being bought.

Gunbroker has lots of 0 bid auctions due to sellers who're pricing at retail and are prepared to wait for the rube who'll pay it. As dimedog said, price it to sell, it sells.

gps man likes this.
  19. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    This is Mrs. Collector........ WTH are you boys talking about!!! Collector has hired a parking flagman to keep UPS, FedEx & USPS drivers from clogging our street.
    He told me that he had to be in the buying frenzy or some of you Addicts would end up with all the good deals...

Was he messin with me???? :cat:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    PewPewPtwang, Lou1, isialk and 3 others like this.
  20. Denver1911

Denver1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    I’m building a house. And my wife has vowed to be the next ladies state sporting clays champion. Both those things are sucking the funds outta my gun budget. And I’m fine with that.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted