close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

gun shops you like

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by shichidan, Sep 5, 2011.

1. shichidan

shichidan Member

Aug 17, 2011
    over the years I have enjoyed the local shops but they are becoming scarce

Have purchased two pistols from another forum and one from local internet add.

many from local shops

List the good ones,

Atwells police supply in Painseville ohio

Seven guns plus supplies

Fin, Feather and Fur Ashland ohio
    Three guns plus almost all my ammo
    Two weeks ago I picked up a very nice
    Metro American Classic II for $330.00

B& T Mentor Ohio

One buy plus sold two sold on consignment Fast and fair

Top Gun Chesterland Ohio

three guns and lots of extras however new store higher prices

And Gander Mountain Two Shotguns one pistol

Wallmart yes nobody can match ordering 22 rifles three in last two years

Some ammo 45 acp

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  2. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Shep's Sporting Goods in WV

Internet gun shops have killed alot of us small time local guys..... if you love your guns you should support your local businessmen

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011

3. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Vance's In Columbus.
    bought plenty of guns from them

Best Firearms.
    small shop, but have found great deals there

Bud's Gunshop
    bought a few guns from there

Jetguns
    a few guns here

Pro Armament
    bought a 1911 from here. nice 1911 selection and pretty close to home.

B&B Armory.
    rsxr22 works there

Stockers
    nice place that screwed Hokie.

Sportsmans Den
    bought my mil-spec from them

4. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    Jet Guns
    Thanks to Quack I went there and got my 2010 DW Valor in black!
    Best price around town.

Mike

5. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    I am kind of partial to DRC Firearms......they always do me right. :biggrin1:

6. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    What you do to yourself, after hours, is your business. :tongue:

7. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    What happens at DRC, stays at DRC........:rofl2:

8. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    that's a good slogan. :pound:

9. IraG2362

IraG2362 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 3, 2011
    Here in South Florida , Lee's pawn is hard to beat on price and selection. I have been dealing with him for a while now and always leave happy.

Online I have dealt with Jet Guns recently and they are great ..

Did some with Buds and again very good to deal with.

My favorite online dealer is AIM surplus.. they may not do a lot of 1911 stuff but always have very good prices online and excellent customer service.

10. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I buy and trade with one local shop quite a bit: Best Pawn.
    Don't let the shop name fool you, he is a stocking dealer for Benelli, Kimber, and a few others.

On-line, I have dealt with quite a few vendors, and I just bought a pistol from these folks with outstanding service:
    http://www.oakhillenterprises.com/Home.htm

11. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I’ve had lot of good luck with Buds Gun Shop.
    DRC Firearms is good folks.
    Champion Firearms in College Station, TX. They have an online store as well and good prices.

I like to deal with local shops when possible, unfortunately, most have a combination of too high prices to be competitive, distance, and douchebaggery that is making it harder all the time.

12. Craig19

Craig19 Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Atwell's has been great to deal with, I purchases my Glocks through them. I wished they were a little more reasonable on the used guns, but their CS has always been top notch. I haven't been to B&T yet, every time I am over that way they are closed.

I have purchased a few guns from Buds and I have not had a problem, they ship pretty quick.

CDNN has been good to deal with as well. I have only purchased one gun from them, but a hell of lot of mags and other misc crap.

13. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    There is a great little shop here I like. He does not have a huge selection, but more than willing to order or transfer. Always ready to just shoot the breeze as well.

Strong Arms LLC
    Sumter, SC

14. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Where I live, gunshops are getting more scarce all the time. In fact, when I was in my earlier gun phase in the early eighties it seemed we had gunshops on every corner. Since I've recently resumed my addiction they've become very scarce! So not so much as giving it without as much as a second thought, buying unseen from well promoted internet dealers from my friends, the "game was on!" again. I've narrowed my purchases to George at www.migunslingers.com not only are his prices great but, for some interested, he has a 1 year layaway plan to pay it off! Who does that these days, especially high ticket items. He's so easy going and knowledgeable he makes you feel like a friend more than some random customer. He's extremely responsive to inquiries, be it email or a phone call. And patience...I've cringed when making a request to change something on my pistol order after it's been placed, but George, he'll put in the call and if it can be done, he'll make it happen. I know there are many other great dealers that I've not any contact with yet, and may have similar policies with friendly service, honesty, patience, good prices, and knowledgeable also. It's just hard to go elsewhere when all needs are being met. I'm getting the strong impression that there are a couple of great dealers or shops that post frequently here. And this is where a relationship is opened up for someplace I've not yet tried. With that said, I have a loyalty with George as would most when they have a good dealer that they use. Loyalty isn't expected or deserved, it's earned. My latest and maybe likely my last pistol, on order from George from Wilson is my greatest expectation yet on a reputation. And Wilson will most likely live up to it too. Now I don't believe in coincidences, maybe being here is a sign that a custom build is in my future! Regards, Will

15. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    My last 6 purchases (counting the cco) have been with DRC and George. It it werent for the 1 year layaway plan, all 6 would have probably been through Dave. Locally, I really like Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron, OH. They are a sister store to Vance's which Quack mentioned. I picked up my TRP there and a bunch of long guns. I also have used Bud's 5-6 times with great experiences each time. One more in Coshocton, OH is Woodbury Outfitters. I have picked up a couple of pieces there, including a CZ 453 I couldnt find anywhere in CBUS.

16. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    When I first started buying guns I bought from local shops. The local shops around here are way overpriced. Now I have used budsgunshop.com, migunslingers.com, and am in the process of dealing with our very own Dave @ drc1911.com. I also purchased a Saiga 12 from GB.

17. deadite

deadite #15 to Register! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011

Attached Files:

18. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Same here. :thumb:

19. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I've always had good luck at Bud's as well. Ozark Armory and Ozark Sportsman in NW Ark are pretty good shops if you're in NW Ark. Ozark Armory has more choices between the two.

20. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    :lol:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted