1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from the local gun show here in Richmond, VA (Showmasters Gun Show).

I brought my full size RIA 1911 .45 ACP with me, as I am *STILL* trying to find just the right type of lefthanded FS 1911 holster, and it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I know, I know, I should just pony up the $$$ and order one, but then, I'm a cheap {expletive} :p

The coolest thing is that Showmasters is honoring veterans by having all sorts of discounts, no sales tax, etc...etc... today at the gun show! :cool2:

I found Georgia Arms booth and immediately grabbed two 50 round bags of their common 230gr FMJ ammo - which technically, is now CHEAPER than WWB at Walmart! Both my Savage .308 and my RIA .45 ACP just love the ammo from Georgia Arms. It's good stuff, clean burning, and accurate!

As seen in the photo, they had to put a ziptie through the barrel of my RIA. But the cool thing was the police officer picked up my RIA, looked it all over, racked the slide a few times, and said, "Ooooo, that's nice! That's one of those Armscor or Rock Island 1911's. Heck of a .45!!" :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was... Lots of people checking it out. Veterans all over the place (wearing hats, like I had on my USCG hat). Old guys walking with a cane wearing a Korean War hat. Hundreds of Vietnam Vet guys, etc... etc... It was great! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts