1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
The buyer left negative feedback so he knew it was a scam. Maybe it was the “I bought it from a fellow Addict” in his description that alerted him, lol.

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
7,070 Posts
How did the seller get the pics of your gun?
It’s pretty easy to get someone’s pictures. These threads aren’t secure but they can’t edit out something you put in to authenticate who you are. There are people out there who haven’t seen our discussions here about scams on GB and seeing many of our guns on there. They think wow it’s a great price never looking at what the person has sold or how long that account has been dormant.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
The buyer left negative feedback so he knew it was a scam. Maybe it was the “I bought it from a fellow Addict” in his description that alerted him, lol.
I just looked at the GB listing. Although the seller is no longer registered,
there is no negative feedback, only 1 positive as a buyer. If there is a
neg feedback, it should stay there, IMHO of course.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There was an “F” feedback score, which gave him a “C” rating, right after it happened. Strange that they took it off.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I saw several GB scam sales for Wilson combats. They must have had their database hacked. Most of the sellers were one or two feedback accounts and no activity in many years. I reported both of them and I know they are aware. This is happening everywhere and now includes fake gun websites. Be cautious. I always ask to contact the buyer via a call. And then ask to call them back in their number. This eliminates most. The world is changing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can't we make the classified section invisible if not logged in? And don't we have a minimum post count required to post there? Why not apply the same rules before the content of the classified section becomes visible to new members?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts