1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called GI today to ask if the Black Friday Sale only applied to in stock items. I happened to get Alex Zimmerman on the phone, who told me a pistol could also be special ordered during the sale and the same discount (15%) would be applied. I just wanted to share this information with forum members just in case someone was seriously considering ordering a pistol from them in the near future.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Maybe I’m in the minority but this sucks for anyone who put in orders prior to this. If GI does Black Friday / Christmas sales with $500-650 off on each 1911, why would anyone order at full list the other 11mos of the year? I certainly won’t. In fact, this makes me favor Rob and Alchemy / Cabot that much more. Nobody likes to see values being diminished on a $4-5k semi custom.

·
Registered
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
653 Posts
I called GI today to ask if the Black Friday Sale only applied to in stock items. I happened to get Alex Zimmerman on the phone, who told me a pistol could also be special ordered during the sale and the same discount (15%) would be applied. I just wanted to share this information with forum members just in case someone was seriously considering ordering a pistol from them in the near future.
Thank you for posting this I have been on the fence a little bit regarding purchasing my first gun crafter and this is going to push me right over the fence I’m going to be placing an order tomorrow

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Maybe I’m in the minority but this sucks for anyone who put in orders prior to this. If GI does Black Friday / Christmas sales with $500-650 off on each 1911, why would anyone order at full list the other 11mos of the year? I certainly won’t. In fact, this makes me favor Rob and Alchemy / Cabot that much more. Nobody likes to see values being diminished on a $4-5k semi custom.
Do you feel the same way about TVs, Cars and Mattresses? I know it’s not a completely equivalent comparison but supposedly those go on deeper discounts once a year. People still buy them year around

Real question is, will this discount be added on top of a dealer discount if one places an order through a dealer?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I actually think this is a slap in the face to the dealers that sell Alex's pistols. One dealer here comes to mind. Rob of TRRK Trading is a fine dealer that pushes Guncrafter like no other. This 15% off deal cuts into his profit. Small dealers couldn't make enough to make it worth their time. Invest $4000 and wait months to sell a pistol for $200 profit.

Sure this is great for consumers but we need dealers like Rob that do so much for us. Why not contact @TRRK Trading and see if he can give you a 15% discount on that pistol you have been waiting to buy.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
417 Posts
Do you feel the same way about TVs, Cars and Mattresses? I know it’s not a completely equivalent comparison but supposedly those go on deeper discounts once a year. People still buy them year around

Real question is, will this discount be added on top of a dealer discount if one places an order through a dealer?
i do. If I knew a mattress was going to be 15% off at a given time of the year, I’d wait for that time to buy. The mattress I’m using could get me to that date and unlike the other examples, technology isn’t really a factor necessitating sales to get old stuff sold. Adding a $4k 1911 is not a need … I have others.

Cherokee said it well on behalf of dealers; I’m speaking for those consumers who had orders in.

maybe revenues are down, but why would a good businessman sacrifice margin when he didn’t need to only to risk pissing off his distribution network and loyal consumer following?

Seems Mickey Mouse to me. I’ll choose another brand, thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
It's odd to see people upset at a private business having a sale setting their prices as they would have them.

If you don't want to sell your guns at a15% discount on Black Friday, don't. In fact, you can even mark them up.

Can you imagine Guncrafter telling people on the forum what price to sell their guns at or that discounting the product YOU are selling is wrong?

This whole "free market as it suits me" business is sad, but I think GI has their business under control.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's odd to see people upset at a private business having a sale setting their prices as they would have them.

If you don't want to sell your guns at a15% discount on Black Friday, don't. In fact, you can even mark them up.

Can you imagine Guncrafter telling people on the forum what price to sell their guns at or that discounting the product YOU are selling is wrong?

This whole "free market as it suits me" business is sad, but I think GI has their business under control.
how many do you own, Merton? You missed the point … that shot is not even on paper!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
how many do you own, Merton? You missed the point … that shot is not even on paper!
I've owned one.

Good try on the "I bought my cool" bit, but I don't need to buy to know that GI may do as they please.

How many do I need to have for an opinion on business? Why would you inject that weak stuff?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I actually think this is a slap in the face to the dealers that sell Alex's pistols. One dealer here comes to mind. Rob of TRRK Trading is a fine dealer that pushes Guncrafter like no other. This 15% off deal cuts into his profit. Small dealers couldn't make enough to make it worth their time. Invest $4000 and wait months to sell a pistol for $200 profit.

Sure this is great for consumers but we need dealers like Rob that do so much for us. Why not contact @TRRK Trading and see if he can give you a 15% discount on that pistol you have been waiting to buy.

Just my opinion
IF there ever comes a time where I can swing something as nice as these, my $$ will go here.....
Looks like time to buy!!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
The next time anyone sells a gun and discounts it on the forum, they now must give money to every other person they've done business with in order to keep things"fair" and if you sell a gun you must have one to sell each member at the same price. Pretty insane, eh? Yet that is what is being demanded of GI for daring to have a sale without permission.

I appreciate the OP sharing the sale. The next time something is sold for a good price in the classifieds I hope the seller pays dearly for not charging more or for only giving the deal to the one person that bought it. Yep, pretty crazy.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've owned one.

Good try on the "I bought my cool" bit, but I don't need to buy to know that GI may do as they please.

How many do I need to have for an opinion on business? Why would you inject that weak stuff?
Say what? What does ‘I bought my cool’ mean exactly? What dog do you have in the fight? Heck, what point(s) are you even trying to make?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Say what? What does ‘I bought my cool’ mean exactly? What dog do you have in the fight? Heck, what point(s) are you even trying to make?
It's very clear in my response. I don't need to buy any to know GI may do as they please.

I have as much dog in the fight as you, for GI owes us both a grand total of"nothing at all" for this sale, just as Walmart and Best Buy owe you nothing as well.

It's amazing that you don't know that I am countering your point. Don't buy GI if sales offend you so. If my responses are pointless and confusing, that should tell you where your demands placed upon GI stand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts