1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally managed to pick it up today. I do not detect any weight difference to the gun, though I will say it has noticeable solidness to it. That my be entirely mental on my part but it is there. I haven't gotten it to the range yet with the holiday season upon us, but it will get there soon. I am a definite fan of the finish. One of the common questions I have seen asked is how the larger pieces impact the frame, particularly the slide stop hole. I got a photo to demonstrate the size of the larger slide stop hole, and while it is considerable, I do not consider it extreme in any way. This is my first and likely only rail gun as I am not typically a rail fan. But I do have to say compared to others, this is not nearly as noticeable or in your face.

The gun is extremely tight. I cannot remove the bull barrel without pushing it out of the chamber through the ejection port. I have to move the slide to get the bushing to turn. This is neither a plus or minus for me but some place great emphasis on it. I think I will really like the larger slide stop. The front strap checkering is well executed and provides good grip the same as my 50 go model 1.

The distressed finish is very nice and GI knows how to do ball cuts well. Looking forward to getting it to the range.
Finger Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Grey Iron
Finger Nail Hardwood Stationery Metal
Gun Trigger Black Everyday carry Tan
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Grey Material property
Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory
Wood Finger Hardwood Wood stain Flooring
Wood Gun Firearm Trigger Hardwood
Wood Brown Product Gun Firearm
Electronic device Technology Table Purple Magenta

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,573 Posts
Bad Azz!

Reactions: Yoemen66

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An update/unexpected discovery. You know with those enlarged parts it never occurred to me that it could affect basic upgrades. I tried to install my Mesquite burl grips from @Gripwright only to discover they won't fit. The enlarged plunger tube gets in the way preventing their installation. No big deal, I will just have to relieve some would from the back of the grips, but it is a fairly obvious consideration that never occurred to me.

·
Registered
650 Posts
An update/unexpected discovery. You know with those enlarged parts it never occurred to me that it could affect basic upgrades. I tried to install my Mesquite burl grips from @Gripwright only to discover they won't fit. The enlarged plunger tube gets in the way preventing their installation. No big deal, I will just have to relieve some would from the back of the grips, but it is a fairly obvious consideration that never occurred to me.
Easy does it....a few strokes with a round file should get you there. Let me know if I can help, please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.