guns that you could or couldn’t shoot.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Adam13, Jul 10, 2020.

1. 2tone

2tone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2018
    Definitely the AUG for me....

I wanted one ever since it made an appearance in Die Hard.

Ergonomics are great, 42 round magazine as standard, ridiculously easy barrel changes and field strips, and one of the few guns that I can do a "thorough cleaning" on in less than 10 minutes (and I'm pretty OCD).

However, the trigger from the factory was 12 lbs.

I can shoot it well, but the finger workout takes serious effort and concentration. After some aftermarket parts and some minor polishing, I got it down to 9 lbs.

As much as I want to love this rifle, the trigger keeps it locked up in storage.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Adam13 likes this.
  2. Adam13

Adam13 Active Member

Jun 27, 2020
    2tone

Good to know I have also always had a fascination with the Aug. I guess I wont be buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gun_fan111 and 2tone like this.

3. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    Since the first one came out I could not deal with it. Tried several and the same. And the mystery answer.............GL*&%.

2tone likes this.
  4. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    I have had similar experience. My exception is that I started out shooting the Sig 226 fantastic. But one day i woke up stupid and I couldn't group worth a damn. To this day I don't understand it.

I always hated glocks until an instructor had me use one of his glock classroom pistols (all blue plastic with laser to shoot targets, no barrel or bullets) The angle of the grip made it one of the most natural pointing steadiest pistol Ive held. I shoot them well, but I don't like shooting them.

Next in line is just about any semi auto shotgun. I really want to shoot one because they are less punishing, but not one can compare to the "at one with the gun" feeling I get from an O/U. Plus I usually miss about 20% more clays with a semi.

5. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I used to use a friends sawed off (legal) double barrel 10 gauge to hunt jackrabbits. Worked good too! :)

xerts1191, gps man and HooDoo Man like this.
  6. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    Back in the day I was on a national guard state rifle team. I was issued a match grade M-14 massaged by the Army Marksmanship Unit and 1,000 rounds and told to go practice. Practice I did. I was good with the rifle, but I hated it.

I have never liked Sigs. I shot them well enough, but never jelled with any of the ones I owned. I ended up back where I started with the 1911, but along the way I acquired a love for CZs and Berettas. The love for Berettas I sort of attribute to the old "Executioner" series I read when I was a kid, because Mack Bolan loved his Beretta and he always scored the hot chicks.

wrmiller, gps man and 1911 crazed like this.
  7. lazeration8

lazeration8 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Sig 365 for me. Thought I would love it enough so that I sold off a glock 26 thinking it would never see any carry time again. But I never even warmed up to the Sig. Ended up selling it off about a month or two after I bought it and picked up another 26.

Honorable mention: CZ Rami bd. Have had a P-01 for a long time and figured the rami would be just as good. Had it about three months and sold it off. It just didn't really do anything that well and was like carrying a 2x4 in a holster.

Mike0707 likes this.
  8. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    Stock Glock in any caliber.
    New sights, new trigger, finger groves removed and grip reduction to remove the hump- then I can shoot it

Adam13 likes this.
  9. Caeserslegion

Caeserslegion Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    A HK P7.....I wanted to love that little gun SOOOOO bad, but literally to this day I don’t know where those rounds landed. It got too hot much too quickly, and my hand would be worn out, trying to squeeze the cocking mechanism. It went down the road, not to be missed.
    Bu the way, in the early Executioner books, Mack favors a .44 Magnum semi auto, made by a company called Automag, if I remember that correctly.

2tone likes this.
  10. JohnnyEgo

JohnnyEgo Well-Known Member

May 17, 2017
    Beretta 92. So, so sexy. Want to love it. Until I shoot it and it looks like I hit my target with a shotgun. The only gun I've ever bought and sold three times.

Adam13 and Scaramouche like this.
  11. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Never bothered.

Cleveland (2).jpg

ZoidMeister likes this.
  12. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    The #1 reason that I have SO many guns. My principal of, "lose money on every transaction but make up for it in volume" keeps me from taking the loss. One day, I'll end up breaking even.

Ingramite, Adam13, gps man and 4 others like this.
  13. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Nastiest thing I've ever shot? A Simmerling. Stick out your hand with palm out, let Reggie Jackson hit you in the palm with a baseball bat... congratulations, you know what shooting a Simmerling is like!

ZoidMeister likes this.
  14. m9a3

m9a3 New Member

May 4, 2020
    I sold my Taurus 454 Raging Bull, as fast as I bought it! Damn thing shot fantastic too, but the noise & recoil were way too much for range fun. I'll say this though, I can't imagine an animal on the planet, that could stand up to the 454 cartridge!

15. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    I have a S&W 442 that has given me fits to shoot accurately. I still carry it for back up, though. It’s minute-of-ribs.

P226 was a love-hate thing. I tried to love three of them....they each hated me. Almost swore off DA-SA forever until I tried the WC enhanced M92....love ‘em.

gps man likes this.
  16. DWdude

DWdude Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
    ZoidMeister likes this.
  17. Baldwin

Baldwin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    I'm glad to learn that I'm not the only one who has trouble shooting Sigs. I had a P220 and a P226 that I wanted to like really bad but I couldn't shoot either well consistently. I don't have small hands but the grip on both always felt too big and it seemed like I was straining to reach the trigger. Changing the grips and installing short reach triggers didn't help much. I sold them both the same day and bought a CZ Shadow 2. That was one of the best handgun decisions I've made.

Dub, Adam13, gps man and 1 other person like this.
  18. Baldwin

Baldwin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    wrmiller and ZoidMeister like this.
  19. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    That’s too bad. .40 is a fantastic round. It’s definitely for duty sized pistols though.

20. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy Cranky old curmudgeon

Jul 28, 2017
    The trigger in this POS is like 9 miles of bad road. When you get to where you think it's gonna break, there's another mile to go. Progressive stacking ALL the way to the end. I think it must have a 50# pull at the break.
    Disclaimer: after trying the trigger, I chose no to choot it.

gps man, ZoidMeister and DWdude like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted