1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my new Colt Gunsite Commander. I have a range session set up tomorrow so will post a report then. My first impression is very nice. Unlike the Government version this came with a front night sight (5" has a plain black) and a higher cut front strap. I'll be swapping out the thin grips for standard width grips and putting in an EGW checkered mainspring housing. That's about all prior to hitting the range.

The box is marked "Custom Shop" like the 5". Obligatory quick pics without even wiping the oil off of it :D

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Looks plain to me which in this case is a good thing....like a sleeper car. Built for performance and all business. Could become a must have in 2020 despite me formulating a no feeding my addiction in 2020 resolution.

Thanks....thanks a lot.

How’s it shoot? You know, asking for a friend.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Congrats on the new Commander.

What does the Custom Shop do to set a Gunsite Commander apart from a regular production Commander.

I have a standard lightweight Commander on my hip as I write this. It's my constant companion.

Reactions: Johntom

·
Registered
786 Posts
That’s a great looking pistol. I’d like to hear how the grip screws stayed put with the combo you did. I liked yours so much, I pulled my Combat Commander and SSII out of the safe and holster box, and put my Ultra Raptor up. Headed to the range tomorrow for a reacquaintence prior to EDC.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.