1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This an earlier made Gunsite GSP pistol. From the late 80's I believe. Built on a Springfield Armory 1911 pistol by the gunsmiths at Gunsite to Col. Jeff Cooper's specifications. It has a fitted solid barrel bushing, throated polished barrel, solid trigger with trigger job, high visibility sights, extended strong side thumb safety, all completely dehorned, and the acid etched "GSP" on the right side of slide. Great early sample of the GSP pistol for the Gunsite or Jeff Cooper fan.

Came with 2 stainless mags with King's bumper pads on them (might be King's Gun Works mags with Shooting Star followers, but I haven't tried to remove the bumper pads to confirm) and a soft case. Just recently bought from a friend who read the Guns and Ammo article on the pistol back in 1987 or so and got it sometime after. Don't see these often. Anyone else a fan?

·
Double Secret Banned
2,172 Posts
I used to have some of those King's mag pads on a half dozen magazines but I sold them with a pistol. They still strike me as being just about the ideal design.

Reactions: Jollyroger1
1 - 20 of 37 Posts