1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been looking at picking up a Colt Gunsite LW Commander for several months. Gunsite had them on sale for a while at around $1,300, but shipping was absolutely ridiculous. Then, I found them on a variety of on-line vendors for less than that sale price and considerably more reasonable shipping. Life happens, and I never pulled the trigger on the actual purchase, but I’m ready to get one now...maybe.

They’re back on Gunsite for $1,800, so I started wondering about the significant price variances. Are there multiple versions of what Colt states is the O4849GCP? One goes to Gunsite, and the other(s) go elsewhere? Am I getting the same pistol as is offered directly by Gunsite if I purchase it elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for any info y’all might be able to provide.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I like the Gunsite LW Commander, too, and noticed the recent price jump on their website.

As Doc45 stated, some owners who've ordered theirs directly from Gunsite report their pistol has both a front nightsight as well as high cut front strap; those ordering from other vendors report receiving a plain black front sight and standard cut front strap.

The price jump may partly reflect models with those features available only through Gunsite; I have also wondered, now that Baer is offering a Gunsite model, if there won't be more Colt Gunsite models coming down the pike and hence the price jump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.