1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I just received a package today from a GB seller. The item was advertised as follows . . . . (click on the images to enlarge and read)

upload_2017-9-20_15-33-11.png

The description read as follows . . . . .

upload_2017-9-20_15-34-17.png

What I received is as follows:
  1. Correct slide w/both front and rear sights
  2. Correct barrel w/link and link pin
  3. Extractor
  4. Firing pin stop
  5. Firing pin
  6. Firing pin spring
Is it wrong of me, from the descriptions above, to have thought this should have come with the barrel bushing too?

I tried a couple of the bushings I have on hand, but none of them fit. Do I have a case against the seller? What would you do if you were in Curly's shoes on this one . . . . ?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Barrel bushing is not pictured. IMHO pictures are part of the description. I wouldn't have been upset myself if I had received it without a barrel bushing. Always always always ask questions to clarify, unless the ad states it clearly.

I can see how you were expecting a barrel bushing by the description alone, but the pictures show exactly what you should be expecting.

Sorry dude. I don't think you got hosed.

Yep, shipping was double of what it should have been, but it was clearly stated though.

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was aware the shipping was high and willing to pay the ask on it. From the angles he took the photos, it looks like the bushing was there, but I now see upon close magnification, it was just the end of the barrel showing.

upload_2017-9-20_16-2-48.png

He took very nice photos of the rear of the slide, but not the front. I guess I am too trusting to be suspicious of "missing" photo angles.

And then he goes on to take photos of the firing pin stop, the extractor, you can see the firing pin is there . . . . . just sayin' . . . .

upload_2017-9-20_16-3-23.png

upload_2017-9-20_16-4-13.png

I still think I got hosed a bit. Should I write to him to inquire?

Reactions: boatdoc

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
Says complete slide and barrel. It does not say "assembly" so it probably should have come with it but I wouldn't be too upset that it did not.

This one is iffy because when he says complete slide then includes all the small pieces, I can see how you would expect it to be included. I more than likely would have expected it to.

Did you happen to just politely ask the seller if he forgot it with the complete slide? You never know, could have been an oversight or maybe hoping you wouldn't care.

I would contact the seller and POLITELY ask if he has it.
Bob

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Did you happen to just politely ask the seller if he forgot it with the complete slide? You never know, could have been an oversight or maybe hoping you wouldn't care.

Bob
I agree with this. There's certainly nothing wrong in asking. I don't think you have a disputable case, but the seller may send you one as goodwill. The million dollar question would be are you willing to return if for a full refund?

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Says complete slide and barrel. It does not say "assembly" so it probably should have come with it but I wouldn't be too upset that it did not.

This one is iffy because when he says complete slide then includes all the small pieces, I can see how you would expect it to be included. I more than likely would have expected it to.

Bob
So I shouldn't say, "Dear Raging, Flaming, Scumbag . . . . ?

Yea, I just wrote to inquire if he somehow "forgot" to include that with the package. I did send him the same screen shots as I posted above to help him understand how his wording might be interpreted. He did send me an e-mail just prior to shipping with the tracking number and then went on to ask, "Let me know what you think?"

Like he knew in advance I would have a "concern", as I put it.

My point is this: If you are selling a slide and barrel, why would you use the word COMPLETE in your listing if one of the small parts were missing? If you bought a COMPLETE slide, would you be upset if the firing pin weren't there?

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with this. There's certainly nothing wrong in asking. I don't think you have a disputable case, but the seller may send you one as goodwill. The million dollar question would be are you willing to return if for a full refund?
I would be good with a million dollar refund . . . .

I'm debating the other. I'm guessing a "token" acknowledgement on his part would be in order, and appreciated. How much does an EGW fitted bushing go for these days?

·
NRA Life Member
2,167 Posts
He described a complete slide and barrel - that's what you got.

As others have said, if you got hosed....it was on shipping, not your failure to understand what was being offered for sale.

If you had concerns, you had the opportunity to not bid, ask questions or request additional photos. None of these things took place. Take cookie up on his offer to send you one and consider it a lesson learned.

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He described a complete slide and barrel - that's what you got.

As others have said, if you got hosed....it was on shipping, not your failure to understand what was being offered for sale.

If you had concerns, you had the opportunity to not bid, ask questions or request additional photos. None of these things took place. Take cookie up on his offer to send you one and consider it a lesson learned.
What, in your opinion, would be the difference between a "slide" and a "complete slide"?

·
i'm riding a turtle!
3,210 Posts
Zoid,
You asked for opinions and you got them. Now it seems you just want to argue because they disagree with you. The consensus is that you did not get hosed, accidentally or intentionally. Sorry that you assumed and didn't get what you thought you were getting. Take the free bushing offered and move on

·
Pulling my hair.
27,945 Posts
Zoid,
You asked for opinions and you got them. Now it seems you just want to argue because they disagree with you. The consensus is that you did not get hosed, accidentally or intentionally. Sorry that you assumed and didn't get what you thought you were getting. Take the free bushing offered and move on
Exactly!!!

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zoid,
Not arguing or disagreeing, just seeking clarification on what constitutes ones position.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Zoid,
He did.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,472 Posts
If slide and barrel match you won anyway.
I'd say you're good to go.
And I would have wrote the guy before posting it here.

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He did.

Cookie's kindness and generosity was greatly appreciated and will be reciprocated in some manner.

I truly am just trying to understand the boards general consensus on what the terminology in question means. Does a complete frame include the mainspring housing? What about the trigger?

Reactions: Pennywise827

·
Registered
858 Posts
Cookie's kindness and generosity was greatly appreciated and will be reciprocated in some manner.

I truly am just trying to understand the boards general consensus on what the terminology in question means. Does a complete frame include the mainspring housing? What about the trigger?
Yes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts