1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, I've been reloading a lot more these last few weeks on the Dillon. It's all set up and ready so I go pull the handle for 100 rds almost daily. Running out of room to store the rounds and a Costco Biscotti jar holds about 500 or more 45acp. I need to stop for a while.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
yes i did and proud. my left arm is in a cast damn near to my shoulder and across my hand...basically f*cked for another 3 weeks and cant type very well...however! i changed my 550 over from 40 sw to 45 lc including the primers to large and was able to load 50 cartridges all with one hand! been doing a lot of revolver shooting to in the backyard. only type of gun i can load at the moment lol
i had to pull the primer tube pin with my teeth to drop the primers...i got this lmao
me.jpg

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah, I've been reloading a lot more these last few weeks on the Dillon. It's all set up and ready so I go pull the handle for 100 rds almost daily. Running out of room to store the rounds and a Costco Biscotti jar holds about 500 or more 45acp. I need to stop for a while.

Dump them out and replace them in layers by color! That'll take some time a satisfy the OCD in some forum members! :)'s

·
born in the wrong century
4,262 Posts

Nice !!!! :thumbs:

I'm wanting to munch on a handful of M&M's after seeing that jug.

Gotta love shooting .45 wadcutters. I do believe it's my favorite round to shoot. Perfect holes and sweet shooting.

yes i did and proud. my left arm is in a cast damn near to my shoulder and across my hand...basically f*cked for another 3 weeks and cant type very well...however! i changed my 550 over from 40 sw to 45 lc including the primers to large and was able to load 50 cartridges all with one hand! been doing a lot of revolver shooting to in the backyard. only type of gun i can load at the moment lol
i had to pull the primer tube pin with my teeth to drop the primers...i got this lmao
View attachment 457195

:bang: Dangitman.....that is no fun !!!!

Much respect on getting things done on the loading bench.

Dump them out and replace them in layers by color! That'll take some time a satisfy the OCD in some forum members! :)'s

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiittttt. Slap a bow around it and give it at Christmas to a shooting buddy. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wonder if I can get more in the jug if I stack them neatly? I've cast, coated and loaded about 1500 since this whole thing started. Finally opened up my hoard of 11,000 small primers from the last shortage years ago which kinda freaked me out. OMG, I've only got 10K small primers! I don't shoot enough in reality to go through 11K rounds even in several years. Still I went to some of the websites and yep, no SPP available and no SP 45acp cases either. So I guess I'll finish out loading all the cases I have and go shooting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Also I have some new PC colors on order, (Bacon Grease, Orange and Purple) so the next batches of 45 SWCs will have new colors. Next batches will be color and load specific. These first batches have been from a stash of 10 pounds of Longshot I've had for years. Next batches will be from different powders, maybe Bluedot, HP-38 or Autocomp

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
swapped the 550 from 9mm to 10mm and Loaded up 400 rounds of 180gr HP at 1.26” OAL and 10.6gr of Blue Dot. Just over 1200 FPS. A little “barky” but the bite’s not bad.

I mark my bullets with colored sharpies...yep - a blue dot on the primer for blue dot. Black stripe for Titegroup. Red for Bullseye, green for “trials” using CFE, HS-6, Unique or just about anything else. I know it’s odd but the dot, line, color code system is in my notebook so I know what it is

·
born in the wrong century
4,262 Posts
Didn't load anything this week....but spent some time in the garage getting brass cleaned and usable....seemed like when free time seemed to be present itself...something would take over. Periodic trips to the garage to paid off.

I've got some dirty .45/70 & .44mag brass left to clean, but pretty much caught up for the rest. .30'06 is starting with new brass.

swapped the 550 from 9mm to 10mm and Loaded up 400 rounds of 180gr HP at 1.26” OAL and 10.6gr of Blue Dot. Just over 1200 FPS. A little “barky” but the bite’s not bad.

I mark my bullets with colored sharpies...yep - a blue dot on the primer for blue dot. Black stripe for Titegroup. Red for Bullseye, green for “trials” using CFE, HS-6, Unique or just about anything else. I know it’s odd but the dot, line, color code system is in my notebook so I know what it is

It's all in what works for you.

Once I sort out all my small primer .45acp it will be stored separately. Whenever I finally collect enough to load a batch, I was planning on using a Sharpie to mark them in hopes it would help with the sorting after I choot'em up again.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts

At my gun club three of us shoot .38 Super.

We all mark our brass with a different colored Sharpie stripe to aid in recovery and retention.

I use Magenta.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just got my press in the mail, just have to setup a bench and grab some dies to get started now! Luckily I bought-up a ton of needed components a while back, so I'm good to go on that front.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts