1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post a few photos of the latest project off the bench. Each year the Firearms Engravers Guild of America picks 3 FEGA Masters to collaborate on a new gun to be auctioned at the following years convention. This year I was chosen to design and engrave the scroll on this Colt 1911 MKIV. Brian Powley inlaid the gold borders and Barry Hands added a few of his signature gold leaves in the blank panels. Well over 200 hours went into the engraving of this one before it was finally blued by John Powers of Powers Metal Work. His blue was the icing on the cake. It's been a heck of a ride but someone will own a stunning new Colt after the show next week.
If you happen to be in Vegas for SHOT show, be sure and pay a visit to the Firearms Engravers Guild of America section of the Beinfeld Antique Arms show at the Westgate on the 25-27th to see it in person. It will be auctioned off at our annual awards banquet on Sat night 26th.

Attachments

·
NRA Endowment member
3,171 Posts
Beautiful piece of true art and craftsmanship.

Reactions: Slapshot

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Drool...Drool...Slobber...Slobber....:grin:

·
The Tinker
3,970 Posts
Beautiful work. I couldn't own something like that, but I can appreciate it from afar. :)

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,015 Posts
Tastefully and carefully executed - a great example of the art.

·
What me worry ?
11,753 Posts
@Layne Zuelke , I must compliment you on the masterful use of your newly purchased TTT speed engraver
TACS Terrible Tools is always happy to provide you with the finest instruments for your works of art !
If we can be of further service- send CASH

View attachment 203205

1 - 19 of 19 Posts