Hang up and call again?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Integrity Arms, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I want to know if I am the only one who hangs up on a customer service representative who cannot even pronounce their own name in English? Is it me or is this actually becoming a sort of epidemic.. I will be honest here I do not have a racist bone in my body, I treat everyone like ****... I don't scrutinize, or discriminate because of race, creed, color or ethnic orientation. If you're getting on my nerves, I'm sure the hell gonna tell ya..

But, seriously I mean do we not have the right as a customer to speak to someone who can actually help us with our issue. Are companies doing this just to piss us off so we will hang up and forget about our problem because we don't want to go through the hassle? I kid you not I was on the phone for nearly an hour the other day waiting on a CS rep for a company and when they finally answered I could not understand a single solitary word they said.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but come on... I mean what do you do at that point hang up, try again and wait on hold for another hour? Ask for someone who can speak English, or a translator? How do you not be rude in response to this type of situation? I told a guy the other day, "finally someone who speaks English" He immediately got offended and it was then I realized that the only thing he could say in English was his name. This is definitely a Rant, but I honestly want to know how does everyone else deal with this sort of thing? And is it me, or is it just getting worse? It sure seems that way to me, if I make 10 calls a day you can be at least 80% of those who answer the phone will not speak good English.. Or you get a whisperer which can be just as bad..

I am writing this under general discussion, because it doesn't pertain to our passion for the 1911 platform, but this is something that honestly is starting to bother me. I don't have an hour or two to waste on the phone only to find out that not only did I have to repeat myself or have the other person repeat themselves for over 1/2 the conversation, but I also just found out the person I am talking to is not even from the right department to resolve my problem or issue...

So what does everyone else do? What do you all say in situations like this? Do you ask for someone who can speak clearer English? Do you hang up and call back in hopes of getting someone who can? Another one is that you finally get through the painstaking hour it took listening to Latka's girl friend (Taxi) from Lithuania and they then want you to stay on the line for another 10 minutes and listen to them sales pitch you or offer other services you don't want or need, the call under other circumstance would of took 10 minutes but this one took an hour. And then to top that off they want you to stay on the line for a survey of how they did and did they resolve the issue... OMG SHOOT ME NOW!!! PLEASE...

And again I am sorry if this offends anyone I am really not trying to discriminate or make any racist banter here. I am just so frustrated with this scenario because it happens so much..

2. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    Last time I had to call one of my credit card companies, I had the sneaking suspicion that "Charles" was really somewhere near Bombay. I no longer have that credit card.

xerts1191, UBOATDOC, Capthobo and 4 others like this.

3. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Could you please type this with an accent?
    :p:p:p:p:p

4. eboggs

eboggs Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2016
    My phone asks unknown numbers who they are and what they want before I ever pick it up.....I love technology .

5. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Steve, they say the holidays are stress making.

tac45, joerockhead, boatdoc and 4 others like this.
  6. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    That's a great service I have something similar, but most of the times I am actually calling these people lol.. I can deal with the ones who call me, but when I have to call them because of a legitimate problem I feel as if I'm stuck.. It's feels like hanging over a hungry shark tank from a burning rope...

Lucky and boatdoc like this.
  7. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Yeah but, I don't celebrate holidays lol.. They just kind of come and go. It just seems like it's been a solid week of this.

UBOATDOC likes this.
  8. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Lets just say I'm concerned Steve, yesterday is was the lack of moderation on the forum.

bobo3020, tac45, boatdoc and 4 others like this.
  9. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm fine sir just venting. The moderating was a whole different reason and it got the ball rolling. This particular thing here has been going on for months. I have satellite Internet with nothing but, issues, my phone service is really bad, because of location, and Fed ex, and other companies all seem to be outsourcing all of their CS calls to foreign countries. I'm paying out a lot for services not well rendered and cannot get help, and there are no other choices. Like I said the Moderator thing was to get something accomplished and already the classifieds are cleaned up...

10. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I just hang up and dont deal with it. The last time this happened to me was when I finally got internet access at the house. I had a beer or two in me and my sister who was staying with me for a couple months (she was why I was signing up) took the phone when I asked if he could get me someone who skope f*cking english. F comcast. Like you I dont discriminate against any color, race, or creed, but if you're selling me something, tell me what I'm buying!

Journeyman1234, Lucky, Kip and 4 others like this.
  11. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I agree it is getting worse....and not just over the phone.../ I am having issues like that in local banks with tellers, home depot trying to get info on a product, etc....and I don't really have a solution for you if you can't just find another source/company for that item.

Rather than get frustrated it might help if you ask for a supervisor...Because sometimes you have no choice ( with your credit card company, etc ...they are all using central call in centers ...and often in another country).

boatdoc and wcanterbury like this.
  12. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    I am not going to rant, but I have had several experiences where the CS operators promise you a resolution and fail to deliver. In one case I finally said, "Why am I talking to you? Your word means nothing and you have no authority to resolve this matter!" I proceeded to write a letter to the CEO which got me a 50% resolution immediately with full resolution in three months. American Express just plain sucks.

13. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    This is exactly what I am talking about, it happened to me today on 3 different calls to 3 different companies. The last one being my internet provider, one being fed ex and the other was a CC company. It's getting a bit frustrating and overwhelming at the same time. It's like a merry go round that never stops to let ya off. You finally start getting sick to your stomach from going around in circles.

14. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I feel you.
    I've told people when they answer., that I have trouble with accents could these please speak very slow and enunciate their words clearly.
    If they are offended to bad.
    I've also asked after this and them not complying could they please transfer me stateside.
    I've known this to work and I've also had this turn out where they say sure then I get disconnected.
    So it would be nice if before you start a relationship with a company you could give their customer service the once over.
    Steve I'm with @Scaramouche on this one I'm afraid you are becoming one of our more delicate members.
    :p:p:p:p

boatdoc and Kip like this.
  15. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Just give it a few more years, and it will all be replaced by AI systems. Then you will have the pleasure of arguing with a machine.

600px-HAL9000.svg.png

16. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Or in feefty werds or les. . .

WHEELS and boatdoc like this.
  17. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    the only CS I like to deal with are gun makers.
    had a great experience with electrolux recently though. after 5 months I have a new vacuum head due to a great guy and his ingenuity

USUALLY my cable/internet co is good BUT recently we lost service on and of f for 3 days. I called day 1. the genius I dealt with put me through the wringer with reboots...( kind of like when Buddy had Rob Petrie swinging a telephone in abag outside and clucking like a chicken--the old **** van dyke show). turns out their latest update( we get them @ 4 am EVERYDAY!) knocked out our service inthe area--not just my home---and genius did not even check that first!!!!!

Last week, I called a company for some diabetic shoe books., been a customer for 10 years and the guy"could not find my account" finally I asked for someone who knows what they are doing...click(his end not mine ) ;)

if I get someone I do not understand, I can hang up---or ask for someone I can understand

I feel your pain Steve

Steve Owens likes this.
  18. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    already do. I HATE those auto menu computer phone answering devices. I end up screaming at them"CUSTOMER SERVICE" and eventually I get a liv e person--usually

FWIW these programed devices do not handle swearing at them well either

tac45 and Steve Owens like this.
  19. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    forget calling me too.(not friends just companies) If I did not call you, I will not deal with you.

on the other hand, if a company does something wrong and my sweet mRS cannot resolve it easily.. they will find out why my deceased mother called me "sweet lips"...it aint pretty but it works!!!

Steve Owens likes this.
  20. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    Wells fargo is the worst of all. I forgot I had an auto pay plan with a company and I no longer used their service. Since I had signed up, I had to cancel the card they had on file becaus e of potential fraud( not by them--yet). The morons @Wells Fargo put the charge through anyway!!! they even gave this company the new credit card # to place the charge--WTF? why do you cancel a corrupted card then? I made them get the $$ bad a s the company would not just refund my money even though I cancelled the account prior to the charge being made. THEN the idiots @Wells Fargo cancelled out the new card saying there was fraud( they commited it then!!~!). did not tell me either. I found out when I tried to use it!!!! so I ended up in a local branch applying for yet another card. Our other banks do NOT do this. Guess the government was wrong about big banks being too big to fail--they should have let WF die a miserable death!!!

ZoidMeister and Steve Owens like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted