Harrison Extreme TS

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by WMZJR, Apr 12, 2019.

1. WMZJR

WMZJR New Member

Apr 9, 2019
    Anyone running a Harrison Extreme TS on their pistol? If so how do you like it. My first 1911 and not comfortable with my ambi and dont need a ambi. Looking at one of these. Lower pad may be what I need to get my grip feeling right.

2. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I have run them.
    I really like them but YMMV
    IMG_20170316_124449238_HDR.jpg

ronin11 likes this.

3. WMZJR

WMZJR New Member

Apr 9, 2019
    YMMV?? Im a newbe here

4. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Your mileage might vary.
    Basically I can't promise what works for me will work for you.

5. WMZJR

WMZJR New Member

Apr 9, 2019
    Okay thanks. I believe it will. I need a lower pad and like this design. I also like the bald top so I can stipple myself.

6. Green Face

Green Face Good/Fast/Cheap

Apr 16, 2017
    I very much like the Harrison thumb safety, however, I like the EGW lowered pad thumb safety more...and gunsmiths like it more too.

7. WMZJR

WMZJR New Member

Apr 9, 2019
    What is the reasoning may I ask? I am open to any considerations.

8. Green Face

Green Face Good/Fast/Cheap

Apr 16, 2017
    Harrison's steel and heat treatment process makes them incredibly difficult to work with from my understanding. They're great parts but they wear out files, sandpaper, and fingers getting them fit properly.

9. WMZJR

WMZJR New Member

Apr 9, 2019
    Thanks for the info

10. hamholfarm

hamholfarm 1911Addicted-> Avoiding Intervention

May 10, 2014
    @WMZJR, If you don't mind me adding to your post, but if so, let me know and I will delete and start a new thread.

Are there any ambi lowered pad thumb safety recommendations, or those not recommended?

11. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I'm a Harrison fan also, I try to use his parts when I can. Like others have stated, they are very hard on files.

thumbnail[1] (13).jpg

BR549er and ronin11 like this.
  12. WMZJR

WMZJR New Member

Apr 9, 2019
    Your more than welcome

13. Buckhorn

Buckhorn Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    The Harrison is very comfortable for me, the EGW is also a nice one as well.

14. hamholfarm

hamholfarm 1911Addicted-> Avoiding Intervention

May 10, 2014
    Thank you!

In addition to OP's request - Anyone know of any ambi lowered pad thumb safeties? Any recommendations?

Thanks

15. ccssid

ccssid Member

Apr 20, 2018
    I was on the fence between Harrison and EGW. Went with Harrison slide stop and thumb safety.....I liked the design better. I already did some minor fitting on the slide stop using high grade jeweler files. No issues making a logman notch. I see no reason why these files would not work equally as well on the thumb safety.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  16. Whiskey Sour

Whiskey Sour Blossoming Addict

Apr 13, 2017
    I have a Harrison retro, and it's a great thumb safety and the quality is outstanding. To piggy back off what others have said the metal is hard and it is rough on files; but for the quality of the part I wouldn't give that a second thought. I wouldn't try to fit it yourself unless you were pretty knowledgeable about fitting thumb safeties as there are more spots to be fit than on a normal thumb safety. I can tell you from experience that it's not a couple swipes and done like it is with some other thumb safeties, but it is totally worth it. You cannot go wrong with Harrison Design.

Whiten likes this.
  17. cdhbrad

cdhbrad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2011
    I like the "Tac" version, it is slimmer and needs no smoothing to make it very comfortable.
    Bunker Arms Two Tone - 1911 Custom.jpg

mlea5150, cwoods and ccssid like this.
  18. ccssid

ccssid Member

Apr 20, 2018
    This is the exact pistol I patterned my new build off of. Except using the 2 tone egw hammer and the harrison black trigger

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

19. cdhbrad

cdhbrad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted