2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: retrieverman

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John Harrison said:
I will continue to design, manufacture and sell Harrison Design parts.

Thank God :happy:.
Thank God I am already on the list so.....

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Last I had heard he was having some health issues and had to take some time away from builds and has some help just with the parts ordering. It’s good he is at least back to trying to clear up his booked builds. He has always been great to talk to and very helpful. He was one of the only guys I found to talk to about Springfield EMPs when I built mine as he has done a couple.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I, unfortunately, have never held one of his pistols. I’ve bought several items from him over the years and prefer his stuff/style.

I asked him to take on a partial build about a year back yet he graciously declined.

I’ll say, I’ve had more in depth comfortable conversation with him than I’ve had with any gunsmith.

I wish him well in whatever he does.

A true gentleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,451 Posts
Not enough good can be said about John. As stated above he has always been willing to help, answer questions etc.. and never tries to rush the conversation. He has been a real blessing in my up and coming smith work and has helped me on numerous occasions just one if the best people you could ever hope to meet.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not enough good can be said about John. As stated above he has always been willing to help, answer questions etc.. and never tries to rush the conversation. He has been a real blessing in my up and coming smith work and has helped me on numerous occasions just one if the best people you could ever hope to meet.
Truly one of the old school Gentlemen of the gunsmith world.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.