1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got some different ideas about what to do with the Colt Ive got coming in. I think I might try and get everything I need out of it functionally while trying to keep "retro" so to speak. I think I could get what I want with a Harrison Retro Rear sight and a staked in gold bead front. However, Ive never seen one in person. Does anyone have one of these on a gun? Care to share experiences and/or pics?

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
i like the looks of them, but like the functionality of the 10-8 u-notch better, since it's what most of my other guns use.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And inexpensive at that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is just my opinion from owning both. The Retro is taller and has a huge notch and it doesn't look retro at all to me. The 10-8 NM looks way closer to retro and has a better sight picture.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Nick!

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
here's a cell phone pic. There's not that much space on the sides of the front sight and rear sight.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the retro ^^?

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
i don't have the Harrison, and don't plan on it, but the side view looks nice.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another question, I've never changed a staked in front sight, dies it require a special tool?

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
Another question, I've never changed a staked in front sight, dies it require a special tool?
Yes it sort of does. It requires a tool to peen and spread out the stake from inside the slide. In in the same boat since I want to change sights on my Mil-Spec.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts