1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell for the SA Vickers gun that Lipsey's put out early last year the moment I saw it announced. I think that it is a great gun and a great value if you can find it at or under it's $1495 MSRP. On Gunbroker very recently there have been two of these guns, both with serial numbers in the 500's. The initial run was 500, but I don't think it's unreasonable to consider that they may have gone over that number.

Does anyone know if SA has done another run of these? They have it listed on their website as another standard production gun, but I have only seen sub-500 serial numbers until a couple days ago.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure but I have been on the hunt for one of these for months so I hope so !
Springfield shows them in stock and for sale through them at MSRP. I googled "Springfield armory Vickers master class" and it popped up.

It's definitely a regular product and that's great because they really are wonderful guns.

·
Registered
247 Posts
There's one on the shelf at a local police supply store. I've handled it a few times, and it seems to be a nice pistol. It's a display gun and not for sale, and staff told me they are unable to get any. It's priced at just under $1500....except, it's not for sale.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's one on the shelf at a local police supply store. I've handled it a few times, and it seems to be a nice pistol. It's a display gun and not for sale, and staff told me they are unable to get any. It's priced at just under $1500....except, it's not for sale.
That's odd it's not for sale. $1495 is MSRP and quite frankly, I am impressed. I wish it had standard checkering, but the woven pattern works. In my experience they are very nice guns and at MSRP or less, about as good a deal as you can find in a 1911.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's odd it's not for sale. $1495 is MSRP and quite frankly, I am impressed. I wish it had standard checkering, but the woven pattern works. In my experience they are very nice guns and at MSRP or less, about as good a deal as you can find in a 1911.
This store will not sell display guns. I've tried it before. I have no idea if it's store policy or manufacturer policy.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would they display a gun that's not for sale? It may be a nice pistol, but it's not as if it's that special or a collector's item, or whatever.
Could it be SA policy? I have bought display guns, but never a Springfield display gun. The store could have an odd policy or maybe they had an issue in the past and a display gun caused more headache than it was worth.

You're right, it's not that special and according to @scott1970 the store doesn't sell any display models. Sounds like store policy, whatever their reason.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've wanted one as well.

Dang Unicorn!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I've got nothing but good things to say about it. I like the theory behind the magazines, but I don't think they are any better than Tripp, CMC, WC or any other quality mag that doesn't hang out the bottom so far. I do prefer checkering, but the woven pattern isn't a deal breaker for me and some may prefer it.

It's a great gun at a great price and I hope you get one!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope you all enjoy them. If anyone ends up with serial numbers 817, 824, 913, 916, 1023 or 1127 I am very interested. I badly want #117, but that one was Vickers personal gun and sold on GB a while back.

The serial numbers represent family birthdates that are important to me. These are great guns and I hope those ending up with them are pleased and that they are all as nice as the first 500.

·
Premium Member
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
2,060 Posts
I know.....but damn are they sexy! I put one on my watchlist on GB.
Me too !! I was just looking at one but low and behold I just scored a DW Valor 45 gov from 2015 that has been completely overhauled by Nighthawk for $1300 !! Shipped !! The Nighthawk build sheet has $1400 worth of work so it is like getting the pistol for free! Wow cant wait till this one comes in pics to follow
Falcon magwell
Heinie rear
Dawson front
Slide to frame tighten 🤔gnats ass now lol
Refinish pistol
Reliability package
Everlast system
Short slide stop
😳price was so good my wallet flew out of my pocket !!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Me too !! I was just looking at one but low and behold I just scored a DW Valor 45 gov from 2015 that has been completely overhauled by Nighthawk for $1300 !! Shipped !! The Nighthawk build sheet has $1400 worth of work so it is like getting the pistol for free! Wow cant wait till this one comes in pics to follow
Falcon magwell
Heinie rear
Dawson front
Slide to frame tighten 🤔gnats ass now lol
Refinish pistol
Reliability package
Everlast system
Short slide stop
😳price was so good my wallet flew out of my pocket !!
DAMN!! that is a hell of a score! Congrats.
Definitely show some pics when you get it in and have some times

1 - 20 of 21 Posts