Has the Lunacy Going On Caused You to Change or Modify Your Carry Choices?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Nalajr, Jul 28, 2020.

1. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    No !
    But in light of the current situation, and much thought on the subject, I upgraded !
    Now my protection carries me :D

521E0FDA-51EE-47E6-B6E5-20A96790D0D2.jpeg

2. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    Nope. Still carry my Beretta APX Compact.

13 rounds of 124gr HST goodness should be just fine for any situation I will encounter.

Fortunately, my town is small-medium sized city, so even though I live downtown, there’s been little excitement here.

Also, it’s a predominantly conservative town in a blue state, despite being a college town. But like many blue states, the state is actually red, with a single metropolitan area that overwhelms the rest of the state.

But that means the population of insurrectionists is low.

We had a little rioting early on. Now we’ve got 20-30 people in jail, awaiting trial, facing long stretches. There’s nobody being allowed to walk here.

Been quiet since, so far.

3. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    For my 1911’s, I now have added extra mag to my belt.

Also added an EDC X9 with spare 18rd. It carries almost identically to a commander....with double the capacity.....fukkin’ magic, lol. I purposely don’t go places where I think trouble is likely.....but I wanted the ability to quickly & accurately put multiple hits on multiple threats if needed.

For nightstand I’ve added a high capacity 9mm with weapon light.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    1911 crazed, FWoo45 and Lineman1982 like this.
  4. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Yeah, I hope its only temporary but, I went from a 1911 10mm with 2 extra magazines to a CZ P01 Omega with 2 extra magazines. When/if we get back to normal I'll go back to my 1911 10mm.

Dub likes this.
  5. Countryside

Countryside Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I carry a doll of Chuck Norris on me.
    church norris doll.jpg

6. Kalaikanui

Kalaikanui New Member

Jun 1, 2020
    I sold my Glock 43x CCW that I bought for weight saving and compact convenience (duh... doesn't count for $%^& if you can't shoot it well) and purchased a Staccato P DUO with a Holosun RDS, so that I'd be carrying the same popper I compete with. Picked up 10 extra carry rounds over the Glock, tack driver accuracy and the opportunity to get lots of trigger time on my CCW every weekend as I run it in UPL and USPSA matches.

FWoo45 and gps man like this.
  7. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Hate to say it...but yes. I'm LE...have worked a few large protests while on duty....and unfortunately have intel in my area of cops being targeted off-duty...yup...big blue target apparently on my back (and others). Sooooo...i've shelved the DW CCO with spare mag's and went back to my G19 with spare mags....and it's compatible with my Duty G17 mags and any other 19 and 17 mags from other Dept's around me that carry Glocks.....sad day to have to hang up my 1911, at least for now....

1L26, Glock2740, Dub and 8 others like this.
  8. Lineman1982

Lineman1982 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    This sh!t is getting out of hand. Be careful up there.

cgff, Dub, FWoo45 and 3 others like this.
  9. Rick McC.

Rick McC. Well-Known Member

May 3, 2013
    You take care Sir, and God Bless!

1L26, Dub, zipper046 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Onramp

Onramp Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Yes it has. For a long time my nightstand gun was an AR pistol with 10.5" barrel. Now it is a 16" M4 style carbine. I used to carry a Para Carry 9 LDA (7&1 rds). Now it is a p365XL or Poly80 G19. When I am getting close to Seattle, I carry a custom 9mm double stack 1911 (21+1) and two spare mags.

1L26 and Lineman1982 like this.
  11. dogsoldier0513

dogsoldier0513 Member

Oct 21, 2018
    A year + later, I'm still carrying my Kimber Pro Carry 9mm with MecGar 10-rd mags. However, since I commute over 100 miles per day, I'm thinking of incorporating an AR15 pistol in my JEEP Wrangler. I just need to find a readily accessable hiding place for it.

RN47 likes this.
  12. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    Yes. I now carry a Glock 19 Gen 5 with two extra mags. In the console next to me is a .45 Shield with one mag. In the glovebox is a STI Tactical 4.0 with 2 mags and a snap on holster. If I am on a road trip somewhere, the trunk has a PSA AKV with 4 mags. If I am riding with my family, my wife and daughter sit up front and I sit in the back within reach of the AKV.

So far we have not been caught in a riot.

13. Danny Topp

Danny Topp Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2020
    Best thing I learned from the CCW class

Attached Files:

zipper046 likes this.
  14. Dr Awkward

Dr Awkward Active Member Supporting Addict

Apr 28, 2020
    Says it all ("The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao")

15. 3RidersApproaching

3RidersApproaching Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Yes, I have changed from my beloved 1911s to higher capacity polymer/striker-fired. But I made the change a number of years ago.

Sure do love the 1911, but when the wolf is at your door (car door?) I will be reaching for SIG P320 with 17+1. Utmost reliability, reasonable ballistic performance, plenty of rounds on tap before having to even think about loading in another mag of 17 rounds.

Ultimately, with my lifestyle and where I live, I am not ever likely to encounter threatening people, and... I don't spend much time out and about anyway. So, no worries really. But I'm pretty well prepared anyway.

16. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Be careful about pepper spray left in cars in Texas, NM, southern Arizona, etc. - basically anywhere it gets hot enough to grill a steak on the front passenger seat!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Dub, simonp, Kip and 3 others like this.
  17. GIFS-1911

GIFS-1911 Active Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Me, I've been looking for the "jawbone of a donkey" which could kill a thousand strong men. ;)

With the number of mobsters a defender would have to deal with at the same time, I don't think there is a conceivable gun enough for the job. The best strategy is to avoid the mobs.

18. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    deploying bear spray, or a handgun for that matter, from a sitting position inside a automobile would be a tricky proposition for the uninitiated, for the sake of interweb fantasy I would suggest using reverse

Raylan Givens, Lineman1982 and rmac like this.
  19. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    The cans can blow up in a super heated car like we get in Phoenix.

20. lazeration8

lazeration8 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I went to carrying a 43x with a spare mag. Both are shield arms 15 rounders. Gives me a total of 31 rounds in the most comfortable manner I've found. I still occasionally carry one of my 1911s when I'm looking to feel classy. But for pure function it's hard to beat what the 43x offers.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted