Has the Lunacy Going On Caused You to Change or Modify Your Carry Choices?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Nalajr, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    This reminds me of the old joke...
    Police: Why all the guns what are you afraid of?
    @monadh : Nothing

2. pistolpete

pistolpete Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2016
    I used these things in Southeast Asia and I'm gonna say too scary for me to mess with if I have a choice but I wouldn't mind having a few Claymores.

Mike Meints likes this.

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Nope. Not in small towns in KY.

Lineman1982 and Kip like this.
  4. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Same. Small town. Been like two birdbrains picketing on the town green near the Pine Meadow post office(phone booth!).
    I see people on the road,usually picking up a bungee cord or something....:D

Raylan Givens likes this.
  5. Goldfinger

Goldfinger Active Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Staying with my Kimber 45 but now carry 2 , 8 rd. Mags v

Lineman1982 likes this.
  6. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    There have been a few small demonstrations by the locals here where I live but nothing serious or out of hand. Not at all like Houston or Austin or Dallas. That being said, there is a G19 that lives in my console and I tend to carry my "truck gun" more often. 20 rounds of 223 should do the job if necessary but I really hope it never is. I'm told 30 round mags in a Ranch Rifle aren't as reliable as the factory 20's so I stay with what works.

7. Archer

Archer Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    My EDC for the last 8 years has been a Glock 26 with 10+1 and a 15 round backup mag. I don’t always carry the back up magazine, but that was on me more often when I was in downtown Seattle during certain times. Honestly, I just remain aware of my surroundings and feel pretty safe even when I do carry without a backup mag.
    I used to carry my old Custom II quite a bit and I plan to carry my new Heritage some as well. I am more likely to carry a spare mag with a 1911 though. I like the magazine In my 1911 to be a Tripp 7 rounder and my spare will be an 8 round Wilson EDC flatwire.
    Coming from someone that lives in a populous city and does spend some time in downtown Seattle, by far your best defense is to be aware of what’s going on around you and to stay away from situations that seem volatile. Especially in the situations that this thread is talking about, it really isn’t that hard to avoid the dangerous spots. I know, first hand, that some news agencies are blowing things out of proportion. Some news outlets are making it seem like Seattle and Portland have become complete anarchy and we are on the brink of a complete breakdown. That just isn’t the case. As fudgeed up as the situation looks, it isn’t as widespread as they imply.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    hotshot357 likes this.
  8. sparkyfender

sparkyfender Active Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Rural area, not much change. I did take my HK USP Compact when traveling into Louisville a couple of weeks ago.

Been carrying this the past few days.

IMG_0405.jpg

hotshot357 likes this.
  9. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    So since the day I picked this one up it’s been my only EDC along with all the other items. There are times I feel like I need a damn fancy pack as my wife calls it for all the extra crap I carry on pockets. 6739DD67-C11D-4949-A307-9324DE45E40E.jpeg

Mike Meints, Dub, simonp and 2 others like this.
  10. rblondon

rblondon Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    No changes. I carry based on several factors - time out of the house, distance involved, rural vs city v s metro area. Walking the dog 3 miles a day: a J-frame of one description or another.A day around my home county: A 1911 normally with 2-3 mags available. A day in the big city: the 1911, or a 1911 style gun in 9mm with 8 or 9 rounds rather than the 7/8 of 45. Sometimes I teach revolvers, before doing so, I switch to the revolver exclusively for 30 days. I gueass we can all still count to 6.

11. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    I've got a lot of mags loaded that I did use too.

12. jmr986

jmr986 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Yes, higher capacity. Had a 8 shot S&W semi. Now I’m looking at a STI C2 or I’d love to check out the new Dan Wesson DWX compact.

13. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    No, my V-Bob in .45 acp.

766EE077-8827-4A9D-BF2A-1BBD360E9C43.jpeg

1L26, simonp, Mike Meints and 4 others like this.
  14. yosemitesamsung

yosemitesamsung Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Well the madness did spur me to buy a G43 and finally apply for a CCW. Gonna carry as much as I can once everything comes through, but a gun free campus isn’t gonna do me any favors.

15. 1911_Bandit

1911_Bandit Batteries_included

Mar 5, 2020
    I still carry an Officer size but switched to 8 round mags instead of 7. At home, I switched to keeping the G41 handy instead of a .38 revolver.

cgff and Lineman1982 like this.
  16. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017

Prayers for your safety, brother.

It’s become an insane situation on the streets and you are at risk at all times......

Thank you for your service and trying to make a difference.

Stay safe, man. God be with you.

1L26, simonp, Mike Meints and 5 others like this.
  17. GA 1911

GA 1911 Colt 1911 Government

Feb 6, 2016
    No way.

I think my best gun is my Colt Gold Cup Trophy. I carry it every day: ColtGCT.jpg ColtGCT1.jpg

I carry it every day with an extra magazine.

18. Danny Topp

Danny Topp Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2020
    You said a trigger word or in this case a ex ambidextrous safety,I could of went the more expensive route but liked the gunsmiths mill job.It was always disengaging.

Attached Files:

Mike Meints likes this.
  19. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Still carry a custom trp but instead of 2 extra mags to 5 extra.

Lineman1982 likes this.
  20. Danny Topp

Danny Topp Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2020
    Jeff Cooper would approve.

simonp likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted