1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Have prices hit their peak and stabilized ?

• Yes

Votes: 74 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 62 45.6%
161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I missed a reid a while back and past when it came for sale
I’ll just wait and get the commander I really lust after

eventually I’ll move off all my full size stuff and just do commanders from
Dw on up commanders or possibly add some officers
9 mm 38s 45 as space and funds allow
In the end I promise some nice stuff will hit the market
No kids
The wife will have instructions to send the lot off the Jess at twgc and be done with it

the guns ( funs) in the chase

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I missed a reid a while back and past when it came for sale
I’ll just wait and get the commander I really lust after

eventually I’ll move off all my full size stuff and just do commanders from
Dw on up commanders or possibly add some officers
9 mm 38s 45 as space and funds allow
In the end I promise some nice stuff will hit the market
No kids
The wife will have instructions to send the lot off the Jess at twgc and be done with it

the guns ( funs) in the chase
See I'm the opposite. If I liked commanders at all I'd go for the Reid he's got up now...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Is this thread some turning into some kind of sanity check? I've got four builds in the works and here I am talking about looking for a Burton, etc. Maybe I need to change my meds?

"'They're coming to take me away, he-he, ha-ha, ho-ho..." (real sing years ago)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is this thread some turning into some kind of sanity check? I've got four builds in the works and here I am talking about looking for a Burton, etc. Maybe I need to change my meds?

"'They're coming to take me away, he-he, ha-ha, ho-ho..." (real sing years ago)
Well maybe I can take one of those builds off your plate if they are my flavor? The Burton, KEG or Rogers that show up here are going to be an all out brawl no matter what meds we take.

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,094 Posts
I don’t honestly believe a big name builder guns will drop or appreciate greatly from current levels
But they will by in large be a hard asset for the foreseeable future
Don’t believe they’ll appreciate?

Guns that 2-3 years ago weren’t conceivably worth more than $3k are listing for double that. Guns that 2-3 years ago were selling for $7-8k are now listing for $11-14k. I’d say that’s some appreciation for sure.

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
4,094 Posts
If someone wants to make money throw up a couple builders like Rogers, Burton, CT Brian, KGB, Ned and you’ll have a feeding frenzy.
As much as I enjoy making money, I’m not throwing any Rogers or Ned guns up. I have had a strict policy that if I sell something for X amount, I have to be able to replace it with something equally as nice for the same amount. With these prices nowadays, that is not possible. Maybe it’d make sense if I wished to invest in something other than custom 1911’s, but I won’t...my gun money stays my gun money, and custom 1911’s are my only real desire.

161 - 180 of 198 Posts