1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, Nighthawk has been getting some negative press on this site, so I wanted to rave about my latest experience with the company. I had picked up a Willi-era Korth .357 revolver on Gunbroker at a steal of price. It was in overall beautiful condition, but I discovered, after delivery, that the firing pin was broken. Likely, the prior owner dry-fired the thing sans snap caps (big no-no with these guns). If I had paid market value, I would have been mad as hell at the seller, but I was able to track down a replacement part and had it shipped over from Germany after a few weeks of waiting time. I watched a disassembly video, and the process for replacing the firing pin on one of these is pretty involved. You basically have to tear down the entire gun to get to the firing pin, and i just wasn’t willing to take the risk. I contacted Bob Reeves at Nighthawk (since they are partnered with Korth), and he told me he could put one of his guys on it. After three weeks, I got the call this morning that the revolver was fixed and in the mail. I asked how much I owed, and I was told ”not a thing.” I expected them to service Nighthawk Korths, but I never dreamed they would do a “warranty” repair on a 1970s gun. Bob and the service crew at Nighthawk get a gold star!

· Registered
9,931 Posts
Bob Reeves is a consumate professional and is why NHC CS is the best .

I cannot express enough gratitude to Bob for the help which he provides us . He makes getting help easy. top notch gunsmith too

Reactions: JM44

· Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Lately, Nighthawk has been getting some negative press on this site, so I wanted to rave about my latest experience with the company. I had picked up a Willi-era Korth .357 revolver on Gunbroker at a steal of price. It was in overall beautiful condition, but I discovered, after delivery, that the firing pin was broken. Likely, the prior owner dry-fired the thing sans snap caps (big no-no with these guns). If I had paid market value, I would have been mad as hell at the seller, but I was able to track down a replacement part and had it shipped over from Germany after a few weeks of waiting time. I watched a disassembly video, and the process for replacing the firing pin on one of these is pretty involved. You basically have to tear down the entire gun to get to the firing pin, and i just wasn’t willing to take the risk. I contacted Bob Reeves at Nighthawk (since they are partnered with Korth), and he told me he could put one of his guys on it. After three weeks, I got the call this morning that the revolver was fixed and in the mail. I asked how much I owed, and I was told ”not a thing.” I expected them to service Nighthawk Korths, but I never dreamed they would do a “warranty” repair on a 1970s gun. Bob and the service crew at Nighthawk get a gold star!
In my dealings with NHC its always been top notch service.

· Registered
91 Posts
It’s always great to hear positive feedback on a company, people are so quick to post something negative and never take the time to post something positive. Congratulations on the new addition I hope all is worked out for you.

· Premium Member
967 Posts
Thank you for sharing this good news story! I sometimes wonder why many folks are quick to vent, but far fewer folks share their happy tales. In any case, thanks for doing this the right way and enjoy your beautiful revolver!

Looking forward to seeing your new kid!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts