Heinie/Alessi DOJ?

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by Doc45, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Years ago I had one of these awesome holsters for my 5" 1911. Modified from the original DOJ model in that the front was lower cut. Foolishly let a friend talk me out of it when I moved to carrying shorter pistols. When he passed away his widow asked me to help liquidate his guns/accessories and unfortunately there was no sign of this holster.

Do/did any of you have this model? I see that it appears both Ritchie and TT offer a version of this holster. Time to save up some more pennies and decide if I want one for the 5" or 4".

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. FNFAN

FNFAN Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 15, 2013
    I have an Alessi DOJ with thumb break for my Champion and a Davis Leather Patriot 2000S with thumb break for 5" guns. Hunted long and hard for the original Alessi holster as the items made since Lou passed lack his high standards.

If I were hunting for a DOJ I'd definitely go with the Davis Leather Company model.

3. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Looks like I'll be ordering the Ritchie version-seems most true to the original, pics when I get it.

4. Chris Herndon

Chris Herndon New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I have one from Rusty Sherrick in horsehide. I've retired, and no longer need a light attached to my 1911, but this is a great holster

5. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    I've heard things at Alessi have gone downhill quality-wise as of recent. People waiting years for holsters; new management; and other issues. So, if you're on the hunt, I agree- go for a classic.
    Luckily I have a few older Alessi holsters, but not what you're looking for

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted