1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this gun from Jess at Wichita Gun Club and managed to pick it up today.

I will post all the pretty pictures later, but wanted to share the range shots.

I am seriously out of practice on shooting as I don't have a convenient range to practice and while pastures are fun to shoot in, they aren't target ranges.

Anyway. 100 rds of 200 grain underwood followed by 425 rds of 180 grn LAX ammo and I got some serious practice in today. Would have loved to gone a full 1000 today but that wasn't happening. Gun shot amazingly. Big difference obviously between the underwood and the LAX, but I was surprised the LAX had a bigger muzzle flash.

The gun was great and I corrected some bad habits I had gotten into and will have to continue doing so to get back to where I was 5 years ago.

Started off at 10 yards, then 15, and the last target with the big spread was at 25....

Like I said I improved, but I have a ways to go.

Jason, this gun is awesome! And I will try to abide by the 1500 rds between cleanings suggestion.

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory
Gas Silver Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part
Gadget Audio equipment Automotive design Auto part Font
Hood Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Automotive tire Bumper Audio equipment Line Carbon
Automotive design Font Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wood Tool Composite material Nickel Auto part
Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Rectangle
Wood Gas Composite material Gun accessory Auto part

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Jason, this gun is awesome! And I will try to abide by the 1500 rds between cleanings suggestion.
Beautiful pistol!
I would be keenly interested in the explanation of the whys & what fors of this.
Not something I have heard before but I dont get out much lol

Reactions: Yoemen66

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful pistol!
I would be keenly interested in the explanation of the whys & what fors of this.
Not something I have heard before but I dont get out much lol
Don't know specifics but Jason just puts a couple of pages of suggested ammo, spring replacement schedule, don't let slide slam closed on empty chamber,, etc etc. In it he says to clean every 1500 rounds and cleaning more often than every 500 rds can cause issues.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Happy to hear you enjoyed your first outing with the DE. When you bought it I got a bad case of whiplash. Couldn’t decide if I was disappointed or relieved. Great to see it is being shot.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts