Guncrafter Hellcat Commander X2

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by RN47, Oct 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RN47

RN47 I'm just here for the gas. Supporting Addict

Feb 22, 2018
    I've been selling and saving the past couple months as I had my eyes set on this one...and yesterday I took it home. Yes- first impressions are through the roof. The slide is slick as snot with practically zero friction, and the trigger breaks better than any gun I've owned-- the reset is ridiculous. Looking at it, you'd expect it to have some heft but it is surprisingly light. I'll take it out this weekend and put a box or three through it... The pics are mediocre, but just thought I would share and ask a question from you folks that have owned a GI or two; it didn't come with a test target (not really important) or a manual. Just the bag, towel, two mags, and an extra spring. Is that normal, or did the dealer I purchased this from forget to throw in a few things? I learned a hard lesson with a DW and used the wrong cleaning solvent-- are there any restrictions with GIs? Thanks in advance fellas- and I'll take some better pics this weekend. 20181029_192546_resized.jpg 20181029_192308_resized.jpg 20181029_191812_resized.jpg 20181029_192328_resized.jpg

sr-1911, LPRoad, xerts1191 and 16 others like this.
  2. mlg

mlg Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    My GI No Names in 5 and CCO came with bag, two mags, towel, extra spring and the Guncrafter certificate signed by Alex with the date of build. No manual or instructions.

Stay away from harsh chemicals like brake cleaners etc and use WD40 to wipe it down after using oil like FP10 or Wilsons oil.

Congrats on your new piece. Looks outstanding. GC are outstanding. Their fit, finish and lockup along with fantastic triggers make them one of best out there.

ERT354 and RN47 like this.

3. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    GI and DW nitride finish are basically the same all restrictions apply..

RN47 likes this.
  4. Brett Peterson

Brett Peterson Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Jealousy is a ugly emotion, but I can't help myself:D Congrats RN-

RN47 and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  5. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
  6. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    That is a good looking 1911....

JohnK likes this.
  7. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    I found this while doing a search on a Melonite Finish. I didn't save the link but I think it was on Dan Wesson's website. Please don't treat this as gospel without your own research.

The Duty finish is the most durable finish on the market, however harsh cleaners will discolor it. The protection will still be there but you could cause streaking. There are literally hundreds of cleaners and oils on the market and more being produced every day. There is no way for us to test everything and that is why we only recommend a few that we know will work and work well. It is very important to stay away from strippers and degreasers. Generally, if it is safe for polymers and Painted pieces it will not discolor the Duty Treat, these are usually oil based cleaners.

We recommend, FP-10 , Miltec-1 and TW25b grease for the rails. These are the only products we recommend to grease the rails.

Kroil will work as a cleaner and bench rest shooters have used it for years. You may have to let it soak as it is penetrating oil. We recommend FP-10 as a kind of a do all, lubricant, cleaner and surface protectant. Any light gun oil should work as a surface protectant as well.

Don’t get overly concerned with having the gun spotless. Generally a good wipe down and maybe a little scrubbing with a toothbrush and cotton swab every 500 rounds is all that is really needed. Keep the rails and barrel hood good and wet and the gun should treat you just fine.

8. Coolsound

Coolsound Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2018
    Nice... Congrats.

9. DPVY

DPVY Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Oh man. That thing is awesome! The beauty is when you put rounds through it. That is one ridiculously shooting gun that weighs 28 oz.

Yeah, that should have come with the test target, and the warranty certificate. If you could, shoot me a message and let me know who you got it from.

Don't overthink the cleaning thing. Wipe the exterior down with some WD40, or even just some lube. When you need to use abrasive chemicals on the barrel, pull the barrel out of the gun before you do.

Congrats on your gun. If you ever need anything, please reach out to me directly.

Thank you for your support. It really does mean the world to us.

cwoods, stlgecko, cghelton and 3 others like this.
  10. Steve Kind

Steve Kind New Member

Dec 25, 2017
    Congrats! Enjoy your very special 1911

RN47 likes this.
  11. cghelton

cghelton Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2017
    One day. That is beautiful. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RN47 likes this.
  12. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Congrats, Very nice.

RN47 likes this.
  13. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    It’s about time to see one in the wild. That is beautiful!

RN47 likes this.
  14. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Congrats OP!

Quick question since you mentioned the weight. Can the grip be easily replaced for a plastic STI grip on these?

15. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    I have to say the aluminum grip on the Hellcat x2 is really, really well done. I've held the STI, but I prefer the Hx2 by far. I love frag.

When we went to GI, we shot the Costa Star Wars x2 and the one with the optic. I did not notice the weight (maybe since I am used to my government model Hellcat), and the recoil was absolutely minimal. Looking at videos of me shooting my Hellcat and then me shooting the x2, I think the x2 recoils less.

I wish I could post the video to show how little it recoils.

DPGI and RN47 like this.
  16. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback. Unlike you, I disliked every frag grips I tried including the pattern on GI Frag model. It feels OK to me, but for $4K I really want something beyond OK and would prefer the Tree Bark from Extreme Shooters grips if that is a fairly easy swap for $200.

Sorry for the derail OP

RN47 likes this.
  17. DPVY

DPVY Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2017
    They'll fit.

We don't offer the X2 with any polymer grips though.

18. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    Love the look of these too! congrats on a sweet set up

19. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Man that gun has a lot going on.

Trying to wrap my mind around it

Oh and congrats to the OP.

RN47 likes this.
  20. mlg

mlg Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Did take it out to the range? We are waiting for the report on this outstanding firearm. Happy holidays

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted