1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, from sunny Kalifornia, the land which recently received glowing reviews from the Brady Campaign.

I discovered this place while looking for some 1911 writeups to help my brother select his first 1911. I found a really good one here which helped me guide him away from what I think would have been a mistake. So today he picked out his new 1911. I figure maybe he'll come out here and post on his own.

I only have one 1911 myself, a Springfield GI Champion which is my main carry. It is a fine gun, though I'm still working on my accuracy with it. I'm about to try it out in my local action pistol activities.

Anyway, I look forward to posting with all of you.

·
YOU ****!!!!
1,204 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Being your neighbor to the east, I am quite proud of our score of 0 from the Brady Campaign. Glad you are able to actually carry there. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
I found a really good one here which helped me guide him away from what I think would have been a mistake. So today he picked out his new 1911.
What did you guide him away from, and what'd he end up getting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you guide him away from, and what'd he end up getting?
Well... I don't want to start a war, but he was going to buy Taurus' PT1911, and I'm REALLY not a fan of Taurus. I got burned on a PT140 as my first centerfire pistol when the safety snapped off and... let's just say that Taurus' customer support wasn't very supportive of this customer. I'm sure many (most?) people have Tauruses which function fantastically, are of high quality, and are supported very well.

He went with a Rock Island Tactical. He hasn't shot it yet, but he's still excited.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well... to tell the whole truth, I was considering pushing him towards a CZ97B in .45, but I figure... everyone needs a 1911, right?

·
Push to test, release to detonate
1,106 Posts
Well... to tell the whole truth, I was considering pushing him towards a CZ97B in .45, but I figure... everyone needs a 1911, right?
some here would say even more than just one...:biggrin1:

·
In Therapy, no hope
1,344 Posts
Welcome to a great forum. Regards.

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
Howdy from OHIO ! :welcometo:

DAT85

1 - 20 of 25 Posts