close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trent, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Hey guys and gals! I wanted to take the time to introduce myself to everyone I haven't talked to, as well as tell you all a bit about the forum and why I started it. Also, there has been a few questions as to who owns the forum, and things to that nature. So I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on around here.

First off I want to thank all my staff, and sponsors for everything they have done to make this place what it has already became. I knew this forum would grow and eventually get very large, I just had no idea it would happen at this accelerated rate! I have been on various types of forums for a very long time now, whether it be gun related, reptile related, or car related. The one thing I always notice is that the majority of the forums were run way to strict and "Nazish" in my opinion. I was a member of a couple of other 1911 forums, and while they were okay sources for information and there were good people on them, there was honestly more bad than good. Whether it be the uneducated trolls that were there just to start crap, or the clicks that formed and thought they were just the best thing to ever happen that particular forum, those types of things just take a toll on the good members, and make us tired of participating to be quite honest. So, I decided I would start a forum where anyone could come, hang out, have fun, educate themselves and/or others, and have an overall enjoyable experience without the drama. For a little over a month before the forum actually went live, I spent a lot of time with Don (Quack) on the phone discussing things, like features, sections etc. etc. and we got a really good game plan lined out. The name was finally decided on and I started working on getting everything live. There has been a lot of work put into get the features lined out, color scheme, sections, and things like that between myself, Don, and the rest of the staff, so I hope you all are enjoying the forum. The main thing I want everyone to remember is I started this place for the members. If there is a feature, change, or an suggestion you have, feel free to post it up in the Thoughts & Suggestions section, or feel free to PM me directly.

I have a pretty busy schedule sometimes, but I am always here for any member if you ever need anything. In my opinion, I have a VERY good staff helping run the forum, and they are always here to help any of you out. Don (Quack) is my right hand man, he is my one and only Admin and has as much say in things as I do. I trust him very much, so that being said, if you ever need anything of importance and I am not around feel free to PM him as well. Of course any Moderator can help you too, but if you feel the need to get in touch with myself or Don directly feel free.

I hope my rambling has answered a few questions some may have had, as well as shed some light on to why this forum was started.

Thanks again to everyone for making this forum great!

Trent

2. deadguy

deadguy Jim Nabors Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Well said Trent. I'll leave any smart-azz comments to those behind me.

3. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    I for one would like to see a more serious attitude around here. Too much joking is going on.

4. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks Trent for starting this forum. The best I have seen so far. I don't no if I would trust Quack though as he's one of those clicks (N.E. Ohio) that you spoke of. :tongueout::rofl2:

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    At first I thought this was the Ohio gang... Then I learned they're all Glockie's... LOL... Ron

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  6. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    A fantastic alternative to the "stuff" going on elsewhere. Thanks for a place to call home and just hang out. Very laid back and informative without having to walk and/or tread carefully...Being here daily, it's great seeing how quickly it's growing with many fine folks, not to mention how much I've learned without having to feel stupid asking redundant questions from many of you folks more experienced than I :thumb:

7. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks TKR! I have talked to Don (Quack) a couple times on the phone and he is very helpful and seems to be a stand up guy. This is such a different cyber atmosphere then other forums and if you can't joke around and have a good time while learning, well then , I will just leave that blank. Thanks to all of you that made this happen.

8. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Great place to take part in sharing and learning. Thanks for setting it up Trent and thank you for allowing me to be a part of the community with you.

9. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Excellent post! :thumb:

You have defined the "mission"in a very clear manner.And,as most of us have experienced the very same,ahem,"stuff" that you have,we REALLY appreciate the vibe at this forum.

DAT85

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The mission, if you decide to accept it.... LOL.. noR

11. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I sort of like TOS and TOOS and TOOOS better. This site is lame and the Mods are the worst. :tongueout:

12. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Thanks again Trent and the rest of the guys for making this happen.

13. LBC45

LBC45 In Therapy, no hope Supporting Addict

Sep 8, 2011
    Trent, Many thanks for your time and hard work in getting this forum as it is. And to all the hidden addicts that had a hand in it my hat is off to you folks.
    Thank you for a great place. Best Regards.

14. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Good post, Trent. Thanks for setting it up; it's a great board and I'm having a great time here. Looking forward to lots of good discussions and friendships. :thumb:

Andy

15. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Much thanks Trent! This is a fine place to hang my hat...

16. mikegalway

mikegalway DILLIGAF Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    great website,nice place for info and opinion.

17. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted