1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up in the gun business in southeast Idaho, and have been addicted to anything that goes bang since I was old enough to hold and shoot the .22 Colt Woodsman my dad taught me with. My first handgun was a Smith and Wesson Mod 27 and my wedding gift from my wife was a Walther PPK. But it wasn't until I moved to AZ 25 years ago that I discovered how much I was drawn to the 1911. It started with Browning HP that led to my first 1911... a Kimber... and soon there were more.

Then I found this forum a few months ago... I didn't fully appreciate the definition of gun addict. I learned about Dan Wesson (wait they just make revolvers right?) and thanks to so many of you I've since succumbed to a Valor, Guardian, CBob and ECP (2 of which now wear shoes by Bob at Cherokee). I see how DWs are the gateway drug btw... I'm now cogitating about a certain Wilson .38 Super found on this site for sale by another Arizonian.

From what I can tell... there are a lot of "good guys with a gun" (or many guns) that frequent this place. I like it here.

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the wetlands of northwest Tucson. (O V)

You can't go wrong with DW.... I just bought 2 more today.

Bone Skull Soil Skeleton Sand

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you... good to be here.
I have a daughter that's a Wildcat, so I've spent some time and money in the wetlands.

Coincidentally I have rifles by legendary gunmakers in Tucson... Harry Lawson and David Miller. Functional art really. I never thought I'd consider spending that kind of coin on a handgun though... I suspect there are pistol smiths here I've yet to find.

·
Banned
144 Posts
I suspect there are pistol smiths here I've yet to find.
Greetings from Tucson as well! We have a pretty famous Glock gunsmith called Boogeyman Customs here in Tucson. Not really the type of gun you see on the forums here, more in the real of "Gucci Glock" but some of the best builds out there. CZ Customs is up in Tempe, but there's just a ton of gun stuff all over AZ. I don't know if there are any notable 1911 smiths, but the guys on here will know.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome from Alabama ! This site is where disposable income comes to die.
Nature Grass Sky Daytime Green

·
Turgid member
603 Posts
Welcome.
A while back as my wife and I crossed the border from CA to AZ I asked my wife "Do you smell that?" She said "What?" "The smell of freedom, honey!"

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts