1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Relatively new 1911 shooter. I have a gateway 1911 (RIA) that I’ve owned for a couple years now but shot for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was a blast! For a while I’ve wanted a railed 1911, but recently I’ve been digging the classic look more.. what do you guys prefer?

Cheers!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hello all. Relatively new 1911 shooter. I have a gateway 1911 (RIA) that I’ve owned for a couple years now but shot for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was a blast! For a while I’ve wanted a railed 1911, but recently I’ve been digging the classic look more.. what do you guys prefer?

Cheers!
I gotta go with non railed. I think they just look better. Also, even when I was a police officer, I never hooked a light to my gun. Just old school I guess.
Cheers!
20190719_173704.jpg

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looks like my reply got all tangled up with the OP when I posted a photo. Sorry about that. Dang these new fangled communication gizmos...

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I have a gateway 1911 (RIA) that I’ve owned for a couple years now but shot for the first time a couple weeks ago
Welcome from Western NC.
This is it the Colt Government model of 1911 the real King of Pistols.
Happy birthday 1911.jpg

Well it's time to sell that RIA & move into a Colt :). After all my first was a Colt &
the last 1911 is a Colt. From 1917 to 2011 I love my Colts each & everyone
of them. I only have Colt 1911s still looking for more

Nothing wrong with the RIA pistols they run like a rabbit & look good as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts