1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enlisted in 1972 for the Military Police Corps (after winning the draft lottery). The Army put a 1911 in my hands that Fall, and nothing has felt as right ever since. Bought my first 1911, a Colt Series 70 Government Model outside Fort Hood in 1973 for $125 brand new. It's since had two trips to Jim Stroh at Alpha Precision. Retired from the Army in 1997 after 5 years in the MP Corps and 20 in the Infantry.

Began [eye-opening] post-service training in 2005, mostly Southern Exposure Training north of Lakeland, and mostly with Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics; also Jeff Gonzales (Trident Concepts), Bill Jeans (Morrigan Consulting), Steve Tarani (Operational Skills Group), and a couple of Bob Rodgers' 1911 maintenance classes. Also did Bob Rodgers' Roll Your Own 1911 course in 2009 - if you're a hard core 1911 fan, I can't recommend it highly enough - do it while Bob's still offering them. Did DH2 with Clint Smith and Jason Burton at Thunder Ranch Oregon in the summer of '17, more with Randy in the last few years, and AIWB and RDS classes over the last few months at Homestead Training Center with Scott Jedlinski (Modern Samurai Project)/Jared Reston (The Reston Group), and Hilton Yam (10-8 Performance).

Shoot IDPA, ICORE, steel, just started USPSA. Ordered an STI Staccato P DUO last year, and a 2020 model came in about a month ago - it's a fantastic pistol, and I don't feel like I'm stepping out on the 1911s in my safe. :) Spent many years over at 1911forum.com, but am very happy to have found this forum. Cheers to all!

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Welcome from N Idaho.

Central Florida huh, how much snow you got?

From an ex-south Florida guy, it depends upon whether the shipment made it across the border or not . . . .

Wait a minute, you mean the COLD stuff . . . .

Never mind . . . .

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
From an ex-south Florida guy, it depends upon whether the shipment made it across the border or not . . . .

Wait a minute, you mean the COLD stuff . . . .

Never mind . . . .
Oh yeah, you must be feeling better!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts