Hello From Connecticut!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LHA4Assault, Dec 4, 2018.

1. LHA4Assault

LHA4Assault Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Good Morning Addicts!
    My Name is Chris and I am A US Navy Veteran and served on The USS Nassau LHA4 "Top Gator", "The Big Nasty" and "Never A Set Schedule Always Underway". I completed 2 successful Deployments. The first was a Mediterranean Booze Cruise, and the Second Deploymnet was A fully loaded War ship with a Strike Group and we were the Flag Ship, with a full flight deck and well deck. She carried around 1200 Sailors and 2300 Marines. Our deployment started in Haiti helping out with the EarthQuake relief in Jan 2010. We spent the majority of our 7 month deployment off the coast of Yemen in The Gulf of Aden Running Air Strikes on targeted terrorist several nights a week. I worked as a Machinist Mate in the Hydraulics Division, we Maintained, Repaired and Operated both Aircract Elevators, Aft Steering, all Cargo Weapons Elevators and all of the Balast and De-ballasting Operations.
    Moving on, I started shooting rifles and smaller pistols when i was about 10 years old and went on my first whitetail hunt in 1999. I always enjoyed going to the range on the marine base to shoot while in the Military, so recently I just obtained my PP and have really taken a strong interest in the hobby of shooting and trying to learn more about the actual engineering parts of the weapon, which Brings me to the 1911! what a awesome piece of craftsmanship! I do not own a 1911 yet and I still really dont know what I like and dislike enough to go out and invest good Money into a nice 1911 (I was already thinking DW Gaurdian) but we'll see how it plays out. looking forward to learning from all you 1911 Addicts, and getting to know everyone as well!

Respectfully,
    Chris

KS95B40, NPV, 41 Charlie and 8 others like this.
  2. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Welcome from Seymour CT.

1911_E1, boatdoc and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.

3. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Welcome to the forum from Nevada, thank you for your service.

4. LHA4Assault

Dec 3, 2018
    Nice!! guessing your friends with 1911_E1? :D

1911_E1 likes this.
  5. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Chris, a big ole welcome from Montana. Thanks for your service, a lot of veterans and LEO on site. Great bunch here.
    .02, all 1911 gunsafes will need a Colt gov't model 45, they are pretty fairly cheap currently, $750 for series80 (1991A1) govt and about $840 for colt series70 repro. Both great pistols.

boatdoc and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.
  6. LHA4Assault

Dec 3, 2018
    I have heard that Montana is just the Bomb! My father Just got back from Helena at the end of september. I have family that lives out there. He was trying to go to Glacier Park but I believe 2/3rds of the Park was already closed down to do inclement weather. I am actually going on Vacation out there sometime during 2019, would love to find a good hunting or fishing guide. thanks for the input on the 1911's. I will certainly look into them.

william adams and boatdoc like this.
  7. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Welcome from Middletown, CT

8. Diablo

Diablo When in doubt, empty the magazine!!!

Nov 28, 2018
    Welcome! And thank you for your service!!

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.
  9. mcs1564

mcs1564 Active Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Welcome from another in Seymour.

10. jfbong1911

jfbong1911 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2018
    Welcome from snowy Nevada. Left Ct in May. Lived in New Britain.

boatdoc, Kip and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.
  11. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
  12. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Welcome,from "hard-hittin' " New Britain...
    Hate saying that.. it's in the good part!!:roflmaro:

Hound1, 1911_E1, boatdoc and 3 others like this.
  13. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    Welcome from Alaska and thanks for your service!!! PICT0186.jpg

KS95B40, Noel, Mike Meints and 7 others like this.
  14. jfbong1911

jfbong1911 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2018
    Sure it is LMAO:o.o:;):)

Kip and LHA4Assault like this.
  15. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Chris, welcome to the Addicts ,and the study of the genius JMB thank you for your service from the coast of South Carolina .

FC43BA38-C1FA-431A-A0EB-573C1A0B58F5.jpeg

KS95B40, Noel, Mike Meints and 5 others like this.
  16. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Welcome aboard Chris! (I couldn't resist)
    In all seriousness, thank you for your service one veteran to another. (AF 90-94)
    You find this is a great place, with a great group of people,with tons of knowledge and stories to share! We are kind like that dysfunctional family at Thanksgiving....except no one gets arrested. ;)

Anyways, enjoy your stay, soak up the knowledge and good time.

I hear Dan Wesson makes a great first 1911...he is my custom commander:
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg

KS95B40, Noel, Mike Meints and 5 others like this.
  17. LHA4Assault

Dec 3, 2018
    Hard Hitting New Britain took a beating in the first round of the playoffs this year! That Greenwich HS Football is no joke! I can’t talk much S#!t anyways my old HS got beat By Hand 56-0 in the opening round!

boatdoc likes this.
  18. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    welcome from southern CT

thanks for your service

1911_E1, Kip and LHA4Assault like this.
  19. LHA4Assault

Dec 3, 2018
    That’s a Beautiful Piece right there! Who did the work on your DW? One of the members in here 1911_E1 is a great friend of mine an he has filled my head with so much knowledge already! I’m sure he gets annoyed because I have about 10-15 different questions for him a day! He’s pushing me towards the DW for my first 1911, and from what I’ve been reading it seems like a solid first 1911. Anyways thank you for your service as well! I had an uncle who did 20-25 years in the AF, he loved it. Believe he retired a SMSgt.

ImperialBlade likes this.
  20. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    luky you.. I want to move where you are too :)probably never happen though

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted