1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Hello From Connecticut!

2K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  KS95B40 
#1 ·
Good Morning Addicts!
My Name is Chris and I am A US Navy Veteran and served on The USS Nassau LHA4 "Top Gator", "The Big Nasty" and "Never A Set Schedule Always Underway". I completed 2 successful Deployments. The first was a Mediterranean Booze Cruise, and the Second Deploymnet was A fully loaded War ship with a Strike Group and we were the Flag Ship, with a full flight deck and well deck. She carried around 1200 Sailors and 2300 Marines. Our deployment started in Haiti helping out with the EarthQuake relief in Jan 2010. We spent the majority of our 7 month deployment off the coast of Yemen in The Gulf of Aden Running Air Strikes on targeted terrorist several nights a week. I worked as a Machinist Mate in the Hydraulics Division, we Maintained, Repaired and Operated both Aircract Elevators, Aft Steering, all Cargo Weapons Elevators and all of the Balast and De-ballasting Operations.
Moving on, I started shooting rifles and smaller pistols when i was about 10 years old and went on my first whitetail hunt in 1999. I always enjoyed going to the range on the marine base to shoot while in the Military, so recently I just obtained my PP and have really taken a strong interest in the hobby of shooting and trying to learn more about the actual engineering parts of the weapon, which Brings me to the 1911! what a awesome piece of craftsmanship! I do not own a 1911 yet and I still really dont know what I like and dislike enough to go out and invest good Money into a nice 1911 (I was already thinking DW Gaurdian) but we'll see how it plays out. looking forward to learning from all you 1911 Addicts, and getting to know everyone as well!

Respectfully,
Chris

See less See more
#6 ·
I have heard that Montana is just the Bomb! My father Just got back from Helena at the end of september. I have family that lives out there. He was trying to go to Glacier Park but I believe 2/3rds of the Park was already closed down to do inclement weather. I am actually going on Vacation out there sometime during 2019, would love to find a good hunting or fishing guide. thanks for the input on the 1911's. I will certainly look into them.

#20 ·
luky you.. I want to move where you are too :)probably never happen though

#16 ·
Welcome aboard Chris! (I couldn't resist)
In all seriousness, thank you for your service one veteran to another. (AF 90-94)
You find this is a great place, with a great group of people,with tons of knowledge and stories to share! We are kind like that dysfunctional family at Thanksgiving....except no one gets arrested. ;)

Anyways, enjoy your stay, soak up the knowledge and good time.

I hear Dan Wesson makes a great first 1911...he is my custom commander:
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Ammunition

#19 ·
Welcome aboard Chris! (I couldn't resist)
In all seriousness, thank you for your service one veteran to another. (AF 90-94)
You find this is a great place, with a great group of people,with tons of knowledge and stories to share! We are kind like that dysfunctional family at Thanksgiving....except no one gets arrested. ;)

Anyways, enjoy your stay, soak up the knowledge and good time.

I hear Dan Wesson makes a great first 1911...he is my custom commander:
View attachment 185459
That’s a Beautiful Piece right there! Who did the work on your DW? One of the members in here 1911_E1 is a great friend of mine an he has filled my head with so much knowledge already! I’m sure he gets annoyed because I have about 10-15 different questions for him a day! He’s pushing me towards the DW for my first 1911, and from what I’ve been reading it seems like a solid first 1911. Anyways thank you for your service as well! I had an uncle who did 20-25 years in the AF, he loved it. Believe he retired a SMSgt.

Reactions: removed
#18 ·
welcome from southern CT

thanks for your service

#26 ·
Welcome from Birmingham, AL.

#30 ·
Welcome to the club ! I am officially addicted and soon so shall you ! In all seriousness guys this man is a great close friend of mine for 15+ years and new to the 1911 world so let’s give Chris a warm welcome!!many here have delt with me and I can vouch on behalf of this guy ! Now let’s get him owning a 1911 soon ! I say a DW or NHC to start !

#37 ·
Excellent, thank you for your service! I have a massive amount of family that is located out in the Scranton and Wilkes Barre area and also a good friend from the navy that grew up in the Valley out there in the Pittston area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.