1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New to this forum, but not new to 1911s. I purchased my first one at age 14 with proceeds from lawn mowing money, that was over 30 years ago and I haven't been without one since. Quite a few years later, I got into custom 1911s and decided to start building my own. Shortly after that I got into full-time law enforcement and went to the dark side of Glock. Still love Glock pistols and think they're a very useful tool, especially for a LE agency. Last fall I transitioned out of law enforcement and with a lot more time on my hands than I'm used to I picked up where I left off on an old project Springfield. I've officially been bit by the bug once again. I'm really looking forward to getting in here and contributing and learning with fellow 1911 enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
And welcome from rainy and windy Wichita....where in the Sunflower state are you located?.....one of our excellent sponsors, Jess Hancock, another LEO, has a very nice gun store (Wichita Gun Club) and a new sporting clays setup (Lynnewood Sporting Clays) here.....we're all 1911/gun addicts here, so welcome again....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Where did you cop at?
And welcome from rainy and windy Wichita....where in the Sunflower state are you located?.....one of our excellent sponsors, Jess Hancock, another LEO, has a very nice gun store (Wichita Gun Club) and a new sporting clays setup (Lynnewood Sporting Clays) here.....we're all 1911/gun addicts here, so welcome again....
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I live in a very small town called Garnett, that's also where I was an LEO.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts