1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for having me! I am bit by the 1911 bug for sure. After I sold my Desert Eagle 20 years ago, I said to myself "I think I would like a 1911", and so finally got into it since a friend ordered grips from me out of my CF material, and wish I had the $ sooner to get one and shoot.
I believe the 1911 was divinely ordained by God to be created by man (JMB), the same way He intended chocolate chip cookie dough to be made (but not baked) and the design of the Stratocaster guitar to be made. Perfect design first time.
1911-WRF-Platinum-txt.jpg

I am not always covered in CF, as I finally contained all my machining process to be full dust collected or machined with water, but there always seems to black crap in my nose.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

1911-RedBurl-clsp.jpg

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of bushings do you use on those?
Its just the stock ones on the cheap Taurus. I learned later that the grip screws on a Taurus are larger in DIA than standard 1911's, so I ground them, then machine polished the screws. Thanks for noticing!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome John, I believe you will fit right in with us here @ the Addiction.
Welcome from Western NC by way of Galion OH :)
No snow here yet just 50s & 60s.

View attachment 179821
Thanks Mike! Nice grips - looks too red for mahogany, must be Padauk? Cool. Nice engraving too. Check out the thread Guncrafters posted about my material for grips in the 1911 Gear forum - they are one of my dealers, so I added some recent material to the thread.

Reactions: Mike A

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome from Michigan ...

:smile2:
Love michigan! I actually built my glass bottom boat specifically for the clear waters of Leelanau County. Take it up there every year. This past year we boated across Glen Lake up to the mouth of the Crystal River. Then found huge Petoskey stones through the window of the boat North of Leland.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts