1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to the 1911 platform. I bought my first 1911 last March, a Sringfield Loaded, and have been enjoying it enormously. I had a trigger job done on in to get the weight down to 3 pounds from how it came from the factory, a whopping 5.75 pounds. It is my most accurate pistol, by far, or, I should say, this is the pistol I can shoot most accurately.

Here's a picture of it, with an explanation of what the symbol on the grip means.

View attachment 393

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

VDMA

The Word of the Lord Endures Forever is the motto of the Lutheran Reformation, a confident expression of the enduring power and authority of God’s Word. The motto is based on Isaiah 40:6-8 quoted by 1 Peter 1:24-25. It first appeared in the court of Frederick the Wise in 1522. He had it sewn onto the right sleeve of the court’s official clothing, which was worn by prince and servant alike. It was used by Frederick’s successors, his brother John the Steadfast, and his nephew John Frederick the Magnanimous. It became the official motto of the Smalcaldic League and was used on flags, banners, swords, and uniforms as a symbol of the unity of the Lutheran laity who struggled to defend their beliefs, communities, families and lives against those who were intent on destroying them.*

*From Concordia The Lutheran Confessions, by Concordia Publishing House. Used with permission. All rights reserved.

·
Anger Management Graduate
394 Posts
Hi Hi Amsdorf! Welcome!

claire

·
What No Delete Button?
348 Posts
Hello and welcome to a great forum, lots of good folks here with a volume of knowledge of 1911's, Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Those grips (and corresponding explanation) are familiar. If you are who I think you are, welcome aboard sir. :thumb:

...if you aren't the Rev, welcome aboard anyway. :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
I agree, welcome. Hope we're going to start off with a fresh page and and leave the temper at the door...

·
YOU ****!!!!
1,204 Posts
Hey, I know you! :wave:

I gave you plenty of crap on another site but have much more respect for you for these days after one of your posts there. Welcome, and let us all start again with a clean slate.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Defender Of The Faith. "Where two or more Lutherans are gathered, there's usually a fifth." There's one here anyway, bourbon. A toast to a fine and powerful set a grips Armsdorf. Missouri Synod?

·
Pulling my hair.
27,996 Posts
Defender Of The Faith. "Where two or more Lutherans are gathered, there's usually a fifth." There's one here anyway, bourbon. A toast to a fine and powerful set a grips Armsdorf. Missouri Synod?
I must be lutheran then as I love bourbon. LOL

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Limb, if you it leave out on the counter you might be. If you hide the bottle under the sink behind the dish washing detergent you might be a Baptist.

EDIT: No offense to either. I have walked both those roads. :>)

·
Pulling my hair.
27,996 Posts
Why do you take two Baptists fishing? If you only take one they drink all of you're beer.:rofl2:

·
In Therapy, no hope
1,344 Posts
Thank you for the pics of your 1911. and the history, cool.
Welcome to a great forum. Regards.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts