1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here in Sandy, Utah. I have many pistols including five 1911s, Colt, Sig Sauer, Springfield Armory and two Dan Wessons. Unfortunately I have a right shoulder disability that prevents me from shooting pistols with the proficiency that I want. But, I am still interested in what is going on in the 1911 world.

Regards, Jim

·
Banned
4,168 Posts

Welcome from Maryland! My company is based in Sandy, UT and I'm usually out there a couple of times year. Show us your Mormon Assault Vehicle!
This photo brings back so many memories. While we were not Mormon (or Catholic)...
Born and raised in small town Iowa. Mom & Dad produced 7 kids in 9 years. Our family photos from those days look similar to this one only we were in front of a station wagons rather than vans! I find it interesting that 2 of the girls have their right arms in casts. Pretty typical of my family photos only it was usually the boys that broke body parts! 50+ years later and we all survive including Mom & Dad who both turn 86 next year... I have been truly blessed......

Forgot to add, welcome to this fine forum Jim, enjoy all it has to offer.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I was in Alaska in the middle of August and I never saw any flowers like those! Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, Seward, Anchorage and Denali.

Regards, Jim
Hi Jim, those are called "Fireweed" and are indeed a wild growing weed. Before the middle of August the flowers fall off and then they go to seed, white and fluffy. These were growing in our back yard. When they go to seed winter isn't far behind. Some times while out hiking/fishing/hunting you can run into a field of these and it is a sight to see! They start blooming in June.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.