1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thanks for the site. Looking at getting my first 1911 after revolver and strikers for many years.
The 1911 classifieds here are par none! You’re going to have a super selection of amazing beauties! Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I’m cruising the search function and checking things out. I’m sure I want a 4” of some brand ( the DW ECP looks interesting, but a little out of the $$$ range). I may have to go with 9mm though as my wrists don’t appreciate a .45 much anymore. Probably be $1000 max limit and will most likely be later in the year as I have a couple of other hobby items to finish up. The way prices are it might be longer 🙄 My biggest concern is doing work on a 1911. We don’t have a LGS or gunsmith and from what I can tell most are going to need tuned at least after break-in. With my striker fire plastic wonders that’s never been an issue.

·
Premium Member
8,131 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I’m cruising the search function and checking things out. I’m sure I want a 4” of some brand ( the DW ECP looks interesting, but a little out of the $$$ range). I may have to go with 9mm though as my wrists don’t appreciate a .45 much anymore. Probably be $1000 max limit and will most likely be later in the year as I have a couple of other hobby items to finish up. The way prices are it might be longer 🙄 My biggest concern is doing work on a 1911. We don’t have a LGS or gunsmith and from what I can tell most are going to need tuned at least after break-in. With my striker fire plastic wonders that’s never been an issue.

Welcome aboard from beautiful BF Egypt. There are pistols in your price range available and really don't need that much tuning compared to the way it was many many years ago.You've got Ruger, Springfield, etc available for decent prices. This past years I picked up a Ronin under retail, swapped out the sear, disconnector and trigger, shoots like a laser and it eats anything I've fed it. Take your time, be patient and you'll find something to fill your niche.

Why did I buy a 9mm? Simple, I'm one of the older guys and to many years of shooting hot 45acp loads left me with arthritis. I still shoot both calibers, but on bad days, I shoot 9 and have a ball with it.

20210308_215438.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts