1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon gentlemen! I have finally saved up enough coin to add another specimen to the stable. I am not starting a “which is better” debate, because both of these pistols are top notch and are a lot of gun for the money. I have narrowed it down to Baer’s new heaveyweight premier II and an ACW Prime. I simply wanted to ask other addicts that if prices were equal, which you would choose and why? I have never been more on the fence about a pistol purchase, so I’m hoping y’all can make up my mind for me! I would really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,667 Posts
easy, so easy ACW Prime

Reactions: 1911 crazed

·
Registered
99 Posts
If I ever buy a current-production “semi-custom” 1911 again, it will be an ACW. I do like my Baer PII quite a lot, but this isn’t even a close question. ACW doesn’t take a backseat to any of the other semi-custom/high-end production shops, and the workmanship and attention to detail are far superior to anything from Les Baer. In my opinion, of course.

·
Registered
65 Posts
At that price point though, why not just throw a tad bit more at it and get a Nighthawk? i get done with the menu on their website and I'm at $3800 :D

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have both and like both. If I had to buy one it would be the Prime Elite it has a better fit and finish to it. Again I still think you should buy the Prime Elite and start saving for the Heavyweight Baer. You won’t go wrong with either.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
, why not just throw a tad bit more at it and get a Nighthawk?
You've got my vote 98, Get a NH & be done with it. IMO, the cheaper priced GRP or the Trooper smokes either one of these firearms. I guess you can tell I'm a huge NH fan!!!

But the OP asked about only two & it would have to be the ACW if I had to choose between only the two.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
AGW

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Having/had both..... I prefer ACW.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have a Les Baer and a Wilson. Ive never handled an ACW or even seen one in person but from what I have seen and read I'd say the ACW is on another level.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,285 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts