1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
20200219_081214.jpg
20200219_081229.jpg
I had this Les Baer traded to me. I think the trader felt he was getting to me, because I later over heard him tell another dealer he 'God rid of that fake'. I remembered that Les Baer had made some guns with Caspian frames, but was fuzzy on the details. I'm always willing to take chances and have only been burned a few times. This one was manufactured in 2008 and verified with a call to Les Baer. It also came with 8 spare magazines. That's what really sealed the deal for me. Who would create 8 fake magazines? Does anyone have an idea of current value. It's a .40 S&W. 5" barrel. 18 round magazine and 1 in the chamber,

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I can't guess a dollar value but that sure looks like a Caspian High Capacity receiver.
I wouldn't call it a fake, if Les got an order for a double stack, he was not likely to tool up for a one off frame. What are the receiver markings and serial number?

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,823 Posts
That is unlike any Baer I have seen... lots of custom touches it appears? Baer did sell a Recon model with a railed Caspian frame but it was single stack.

Edit: learn something new each day, thanks for the link @Dwe

·
Premium Member
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were manufactured in 2007 to 2008. I didn't get a production number.

·
Registered
390 Posts
bet the dealer thought it was a franken gun.
Depending what the trade value was, that dealer might have mugged himself...You did pretty well if you like the gun

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,263 Posts
I’m sure that some gamer would be interested in it. It looks to be in almost new condition.

·
Premium Member
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More pictures. Hopefully better. I have others but don't want to over load the post. I know it has been shot, but have no idea how much. Only one magazine looks like its has been used. There is a scratch on the left side of the slide. It is through the blue.
Thanks for all the input! I did get it for a very good price.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't guess a dollar value but that sure looks like a Caspian High Capacity receiver.
I wouldn't call it a fake, if Les got an order for a double stack, he was not likely to tool up for a one off frame. What are the receiver markings and serial number?
Just above the grip on the right side is marked. 'Castian Arms LTD. WOLCOTT VT. USA SER. #571XX.

·
Premium Member
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,631 Posts
Please, use insert full image for your pictures

Reactions: Series70

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Two things: that’s cool as hell and how was it presented to you? Rubs me wrong the guy thought it was fake, if he told you it was real.

Either way, he’s stupid. Verification with one phone call.

·
Premium Member
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Two things: that’s cool as hell and how was it presented to you? Rubs me wrong the guy thought it was fake, if he told you it was real.

Either way, he’s stupid. Verification with one phone call.
It was presented to me as a real Baer, but I believe he and his friend were unsure enough to keep it. I made a phone call first thing Monday after trading. Next time I saw them, they wanted to know everything I found out about it. They looked like someone walked over their grave, when I showed them the documents I dug up. I was and still am not sure of the value. But I'm very happy with my $1100 Bear. Lol.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts