Help identifying a tool

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by MNBud, Nov 26, 2011.

1. MNBud

MNBud New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Let me apologize if this has no right being in here, I work at a small gunshop and we list a lot of items on Gunbroker that we receive from customers but we have a tool (we believe) that no one seems to be able to identify so I volunteered to see if I could get it identified for the boss.I'm guessing it could be blackpower stuff but I don't know for sure. Any help will be appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    looks like a Nipple ,Breach, And sight tool combo .

an Old Military .45 Service Tool

Sam

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011

3. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Shoot an email to Gun Parts Corp. (Numerich) They might be able to help if you don't get a response here.

4. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
    Put a scale in for perspective.

5. MNBud

MNBud New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I think Samcro may be correct but here are some pictures anyway, I do appreciate all the help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
    I was thinking it was bigger. I don't mess with black powder so I wouldn't know if it was for that.
    Is the pivioted part a screw driver tip?
    If it were military there should be an nsn.

7. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    Not on some of the Older Mil stuff there is not NSN =National Stock Numbers . the flat tip was used for scraping carbon, adjustments,and most any thing, it may also be for the Ol Springfield 1902 30.06 take down tool just sent a photo to a buddy of mine that was his reply.

8. MNBud

MNBud New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks for the replies,I'll pass these on to my boss and see if any of these ideas work for him.

9. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    Usually the only things that get NSN's tool wise are air compressors generators and such. Some manufacturers will help you out and stamp it on the product playing soldiers for advertising if it is a trick new tool. However it is few and far between. Once you loose the package it came in no NSN.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted