1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a full size 9mm. Narrowed it down to these two. Les Baer PII with fixed sights, or STI Trojan with fixed sights . There is about a thousand dollars difference in the prices, but please leave that out of the decision makeing process. What say you ?

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
DW PM-9 if you can find a new one. Is choose the Trojan because I don't do Baers

·
Anger Management Graduate
394 Posts
I would also suggest the PM9. I heard that only 50 were made for 2011. Dont know if that's true, but I got mine.

claire

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
What are you using it for?

·
It WAS Quack
1,586 Posts
STI. I plan on picking up a Trojan when I can afford it. I've seen them in action and they are solid shooters, especially for the money. And I just don't like Baer. :lol:

·
What No Delete Button?
348 Posts
Nice looker claire :thumb: Though never owning a DW, I've heard a lot of good things about them!

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,465 Posts
Neither...if I was going to buy a production type gun, which I'm not by the way, my choice at this point in time, from what I've seen, would be the Dan Wesson. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, in 9mm, they make a nice gun. But that is just my opinion based on my own experience seeing various models over the years.

·
Registered
484 Posts
DW makes a nice gun, but the PM9 is extremely hard to find. STI would definitely be the route i would go, and spend the rest on ammo

·
Super Moderator
13,460 Posts
I am in need of a full size 9mm. Narrowed it down to these two. Les Baer PII with fixed sights, or STI Trojan with fixed sights . There is about a thousand dollars difference in the prices, but please leave that out of the decision makeing process. What say you ?
I vote for the LB PII. :thumb:

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
Neither...if I was going to buy a production type gun, which I'm not by the way, my choice at this point in time, from what I've seen, would be the Dan Wesson. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, in 9mm, they make a nice gun. But that is just my opinion based on my own experience seeing various models over the years.
I have a PII in 9mm that I dearly love,but it was problematic until I changed mags and went up a lb in recoil spring weight.(I know,I took the easy route!)

And my DW CCO will be my last DW I am afraid.

But,I have a feeling that 1911's FEAR not working for you Joe. :eek:

Having seen pics of your work,I have a feeling that you could make a Taurus feed a garbage can!

DAT85

·
Super Moderator
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, but I doubt I could find one. They did only make 50 this year. Also, I want fixed sights.

·
Super Moderator
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the Kimber Target II. I also have the Guardian. I looked at a Springer Loaded at my LGS, but it is probably the worst fit 1911 I have seen in a long time.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I like my Kimber Stainless II (Non Adjustable Model) but of the two you listed I would go with the STI just for the price difference.

I would also not mind the Baer as well but would want to invest in Hard Chrome for it which adds to the price.

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,465 Posts
Dat85, LOL! You are too kind sir. But you are correct, they do seem to run when my part is done correctly. If the choice were only a PMII or an STI my choice would be the STI. That way there would be money left over to have "corrections" made when necessary.

Glock2740, well, perhaps you have never seen these pics of guns tested for ten shots at 50 yards:

A rebuilt 9mm that shot right at .750" for it's groups:
IMGP2372.jpg

Oh wait, this one was a .45...sorry...but the group on the right is 1.065" and the one on the left is .869"...does that count for accurate?
IMGP2176.jpg

Be careful making all encompassing statements like this:
The 2 most accurate 9mm 1911's known to mankind. :nod: :thumb:
about this or that gun, unless of course you have pictures or numerical facts to back up such statements. ;-)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
You should buy an STI shadow and have Joe turn it into a 0.5" at 100 yard gun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts