close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HELP ME DECIDE.........

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by wade-19, Oct 2, 2011.

1. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    I am in need of a full size 9mm. Narrowed it down to these two. Les Baer PII with fixed sights, or STI Trojan with fixed sights . There is about a thousand dollars difference in the prices, but please leave that out of the decision makeing process. What say you ?

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    DW PM-9 if you can find a new one. Is choose the Trojan because I don't do Baers

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Of the two choices,.....I'd suggest the STI

4. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    I would also suggest the PM9. I heard that only 50 were made for 2011. Dont know if that's true, but I got mine.

[​IMG]

claire

5. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  6. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    What are you using it for?

7. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    STI. I plan on picking up a Trojan when I can afford it. I've seen them in action and they are solid shooters, especially for the money. And I just don't like Baer. :lol:

8. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Nice looker claire :thumb: Though never owning a DW, I've heard a lot of good things about them!

9. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    The Trojan is a great 1911 for the money.

10. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Neither...if I was going to buy a production type gun, which I'm not by the way, my choice at this point in time, from what I've seen, would be the Dan Wesson. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, in 9mm, they make a nice gun. But that is just my opinion based on my own experience seeing various models over the years.

11. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    DW makes a nice gun, but the PM9 is extremely hard to find. STI would definitely be the route i would go, and spend the rest on ammo

12. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I vote for the LB PII. :thumb:

13. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I have a PII in 9mm that I dearly love,but it was problematic until I changed mags and went up a lb in recoil spring weight.(I know,I took the easy route!)

And my DW CCO will be my last DW I am afraid.

But,I have a feeling that 1911's FEAR not working for you Joe. :eek:

Having seen pics of your work,I have a feeling that you could make a Taurus feed a garbage can!

DAT85

14. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    The 2 most accurate 9mm 1911's known to mankind. :nod: :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  15. wade-19

Aug 17, 2011
    True, but I doubt I could find one. They did only make 50 this year. Also, I want fixed sights.

16. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I would go STI over the Baer, that is for sure.

17. wade-19

Aug 17, 2011
    I had the Kimber Target II. I also have the Guardian. I looked at a Springer Loaded at my LGS, but it is probably the worst fit 1911 I have seen in a long time.

18. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I like my Kimber Stainless II (Non Adjustable Model) but of the two you listed I would go with the STI just for the price difference.

I would also not mind the Baer as well but would want to invest in Hard Chrome for it which adds to the price.

19. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Dat85, LOL! You are too kind sir. But you are correct, they do seem to run when my part is done correctly. If the choice were only a PMII or an STI my choice would be the STI. That way there would be money left over to have "corrections" made when necessary.

Glock2740, well, perhaps you have never seen these pics of guns tested for ten shots at 50 yards:

A rebuilt 9mm that shot right at .750" for it's groups:
    IMGP2372.jpg

Oh wait, this one was a .45...sorry...but the group on the right is 1.065" and the one on the left is .869"...does that count for accurate?
    IMGP2176.jpg

Be careful making all encompassing statements like this:
    about this or that gun, unless of course you have pictures or numerical facts to back up such statements. ;-)

20. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    You should buy an STI shadow and have Joe turn it into a 0.5" at 100 yard gun.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted