Help me hoard high-end rifles before election

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by Levi Streiter, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Good evening gents,

Recently, I’ve gone on a buying spree for AR-15 and AR-10’s, due to the possibility of a Democratic government passing legislation banning the manufacturing of new, high capacity firearms. I’m stockpiling for my kids and their kids ... seriously! Trying to get as many as possible before November...
    Money isn’t an object... I mainly want high quality, reliable rifles that will always retain their resale value and have great customer service.
    is there anything else I should consider for purchase? Or just get multiple of the same?
    I’m likely looking to add one or two more...

So far, here’s what I’ve bought:
    1 KAC SR-15
    1 Zev Tech AR-15 Billet 223
    2 POF Renegade Plus
    1 Battle Arms Silent Proffessional
    1 JP LRI20
    2 Wilson Combat Ultralight Ranger

This isn’t meant as an obnoxious post... I respect the expertise in these rooms and am fairy inexperienced. I want to buy once and cry once, especially with the time crunch factor.

1911 crazed likes this.
  2. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    I really like my Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT). They made stuff for other brands, too.

Dub, 5pt56, soverystout and 1 other person like this.

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    If you like something buy 2 or 3 of them, it makes hording magazines easier.

4. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Just buy AR-15 lowers, they are the serial numbered parts. Buy 10 they are cheap. Also high cap magazines. When the time comes put the rifles together with aftermarket parts you can buy over the counter. The lowers would fit in a shoe box.

5. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Which one?

6. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Good point! The magazines will probably be the focus. I just bought 100 magazines from Lancer and Magpul. I’ll be buying more.

7. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    I really like the KAC... any reason to try LWRC, Noveske etc

8. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    I bought an upper and a lower separately. The lower cane with their SOPMOD stock and a 2-stage trigger. The upper isn’t fancy, just a 16” carbine length DI system.

They have a lot of nice stuff. You really can’t go wrong.

9. Jwp

Jwp Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 6, 2019
    Brother you have made some fine selections thus far and if I am reading into this right you are mostly looking for high end AR's. There are some decent reliable AR's out there for a third of the price.

I usually build mine and use high quality parts for half the price of those mentioned but I perceive that is not the route you want to go either?

Now the ones you have already purchased I would love to get my hands on play with/own for sure but there are a few others also I have always lusted after:

https://nemoarms.com/rifles/xo-carbon-1
    https://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/18-556-223-3-gun-rifle/
    https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-scar-17s/

also mentioned above LWRC, Noveske etc .

Oh by the way, I am up for adoption. :grin:

10. Fiddler1537

Fiddler1537 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2013
  11. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    I’d consider making some rifles, purpose would be to learn more about it... but an out of the box rifle seems to retain value much better.
    Nemo seems to get mixed reviews on reliability, but does look really nice.
    I shot the Scar and wasn’t impressed.
    V7 looks like a good alternative to Noveske, the Noveske is nowhere to be found...
    anytime you’re out here in Las Vegas, you’re welcome to hang at the range!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Mike Meints and Jwp like this.
  12. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    While an out of the box rifle retains its value a bit better, the box with matching serial number provides more confirmation that it was sold as a rifle and not built.

Now may be the worst time to try and do what you are trying, but the high end stuff is more stable in pricing. The solid performing middle is spiking, and the average that everyone turns their nose up at is up slightly.

That will change, soon to be a solid sellers market across the board.

AR pistols are pretty strong. There lies the beauty of stripped serialized lowers; a “receiver other” can be built into either a rifle or pistol. Receiver other is the FFL designation on the paperwork at transfer.

13. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020

Or as long as you have multiple guns that use the same mags. Hopefully November will not yield the end game results and we can not have our rights trampled on.

14. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Thanks for the feedback... I’ve been saving the boxes/cases too! Also only have 5.56,308 and 300 blackout calibers for the reasons you mentioned regarding magazines.
    Are there still a lot of lower receivers available?

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  15. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    Lots Depending on brand.

But for every lower, get a lower parts kit. Those are getting scarce. And for every lower get 6 20-30 round magazines.

For every upper, get a complete bolt carrier group.

5pt56, KS95B40 and 1911 crazed like this.
  16. longrange2

longrange2 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 14, 2015
    I would definitely take a look at an LMT MWS. They are a hammer and you can swap out barrels in minutes.

5pt56, jaydoc and 1911 crazed like this.
  17. SVG

SVG Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Don't forget that you'll need to "feed" whatever you purchase.

Colorado Sonny and 5pt56 like this.
  18. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    And learn the reload...

KS95B40 likes this.
  19. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2014
    Guys: This person posted the same question on 1911Forums under another name. It looks to be a Trolling question to me.

pistolgrips, SCS1911, Dwe and 2 others like this.
  20. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Hey Kevin, not trolling... just getting perspective from various groups and members. If that is not the right etiquette, I won’t do that anymore.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted