Help... Need some feedback quick!

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by too_pure, Dec 8, 2011.

1. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    As some of you know I have a pre series 80 Commander in the works, and they called me today to let me know it's there and ready to be picked up. Awesome right?

Well just for the hell of it I looked today and found a 2010 CBOB for sale locally. This has always been the one of the only things that could've distracted me from the Colt, there just isn't any thing else I could afford that I want bad enough.

I just had to look. Now I'm all in knots trying to make a decision before this CBOB goes like the last one.

It's a little more money. But no tax.

Hmmm.

What would you do?

2. Duginsky

Duginsky New Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I love the Colt, but would have to go with the CBOB if cost is about the same. You can find the Commanders, but the CBOB's seem to be few and far between. Without seeing either, I would guess that fit and finish on the CBOB would have the edge...Let us know what you go with. Neither will be a regretable choice.

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    If you told somebody that you would get a gun or they ordered it for you then the only choise is to get the Colt. A man has got to be a man of his word or he's worthless. If that is not the situation then that leaves both options open your choise. I'm a Colt fan myself.

4. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Your right, but All Cabelas did was move it to another location. Which I paid for. Were I to go for the Dan Wesson I would be at peace over Cabelas. They moved a gun to another store on my dime. No loss for them.

But as the initial excitement of this unexpected discovery disipates, I find myself still wanting the Colt more. Still interested to hear from you guys though...

5. grainfed

grainfed Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    too_pure.......Curious what you mean by "in the works". Did you order one customized or is it stock? Just confused by your dilemma.......

tw

Just read your response. Forget the "dilemma". I had Cabelas do that once and when it showed up and I examined the gun, I passed on it due to fitment issues. The salesman understood completely. As far as your issue, I have mint old Commander, had a Valor last year, sold the Valor. Nothing wrong with DW, but I do have 5 Colts and no DW's. Just sayin'...............BTW, that's one of 'em in the pic............

tw

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  6. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  7. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Which one has the better tasting kool-aid?

Kidding, tough call, but wait until you look at/handle both to decide.

8. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Limbkiller is RIGHT! (as if we didn't know that :lol: )

If you had a dealer ORDER a 1911 for you,as far as I'm concerned,YOU BOUGHT IT!

(actually,I would probably go "gun poor" and buy BOTH :rolleyes2: )

Get the Colt.

Just my .02

DAT85

9. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Old Colt. Sure they are rattle traps and not as tightly fit, but it's an older model and really cool. You'll be glad you got that one ten years from now.

10. Colt 45

Colt 45 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    I would go for the Colt. But then, I already have a CBOB. Even if I didn't, I think I would still get the Colt.

Max

11. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    It's gonna be the Colt. I should have some crappy iPhone pics tomorrow afternoon.

When I look at it I just can't say no.

It's gonna be a special Friday hunch hour tomorrow :)

12. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Not real thrilled with Cabelas right now.

I got to see and hold the Colt. It's really nice. I'll take it... tomorrow.

I walk into the gun library and tell them why I'm there. They tell me that pistols go to the regular gun counter, and only rifles go to the library. Seemed weird, but what do I know? So I go out to the gun counter and wait, and wait . . . and wait, for 30 minutes. When it is finally my turn I tell them what I am there for and they look at me stunned. "They told you that?" And the guy just smiles and shakes his head, walking to the gun library. A minute later he comes back with my commander.

I field stripped it, checked it out. It has a light idiot scratch and a some minor holster wear and handling marks. Very nice. I tell him "I'll take it." He tells me to go down to the end of the counter for the paperwork. And when I get there there is a six or seven deep line, waiting to fill out their forms and pay. I tell the guy I have to come back another time because I have to get back to work. He checks to see if there is anyone that can help me and I hear someone tell him that three people called in sick, and that's why there's such long lines.

There were guys oogling the pistol as I checked it out. Telling me what a great deal I got. So I was reluctant to not take it home. It's on hold for me and I'm going back first thing tomorrow morning, but given what I experienced today I worry that they'll sell it on me.

So now I'm really hungry, wasted my whole lunch hour (and then some), and have to wait for the Colt. :frusty:

Ah well it'll all be forgetten once I take it home.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  13. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    glad it's there for you.

You will enjoy it.

14. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    Brought it home today. Pics are in the pic sub forum.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted