Help with finding production info

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Fort Tom, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Fort Tom

Fort Tom Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Hi, I hope I'm in the right forum with this post. If not please excuse me.

I recently purchased what the seller described as LNIB or like new in box, and he was certainly right, this weapon showed absolutely no signs of being fired, at least not more than a mag or two.

The gun is a PARA USA 1911 "Black Op's" with the skull and wings on the side of the slide.
    It's an 8 + 1 round. I've googled myself to death trying to find info on production numbers.
    I know they were made for 3 years before Remington killed the brand off, and the only difference in the last year was the skull and wing machined into the side. I also found that during the last year, that these were made in limited numbers.

I've tried everywhere to determine how many of the last batch with that particular marking on the side. Other than that mark, I believe they were identical. If anyone has superior ninja scale search skills, or can lead me to this information, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you ahead of time,

FT

2. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    888 999 9386 or you can weed through the 17 pages of Para serial numbers on 1911Forum

3. Fort Tom

Fort Tom Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Thanks, unfortunately the folks at the number you gave me is for Remington (since they bought out PARA USA several years back. I was informed that anyone working for PARA is "gone". From the sound of the individual, they aren't too welcome to come back. Anyway, he said none of that information was kept by Remington.

Thanks,
    FT

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted