Springfield Armory Help with Loaded Operator Full Rail

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by jtraxler, May 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jtraxler

jtraxler Member

Jul 17, 2018
    I have a 2005 build that I spoke to the guy my dad got it from. It's got the serial number NM189549 and SA stated it was a 2005 build that was sent back to SA for a slide/frame fit but not the custom shop. I know all custom shop builds will bear the CS logo. The slide/frame fit is phenomenal. I know the NM does not stand for National Match but does show the majority of the build took place in the US in Illinois and not in Brazil. Usually the NM have better fitting but not always. This has original Novak night sites that are still bright and ambidextrous safety is tight. Racking the slide is also very tight which is encouraging. The original owner does not have the box so I have no sticker info but SA gave me the model. I did not write it down but can call back. I believe it is model PX9105L. Just the normal Springfield Armory name and logo on the side. I have not field stripped it yet and believe the barrel, frame and slide should match but am unsure. Either way it's a tank and I'm just trying to find out more on it as to original vs. custom parts. The original owner stated he sent it back to the SA " custom shop" but I don't think he figured I would call to confirm, as custom work adds a bit to value and more importantly I wanted to know what was done. I know the stigma of SA now but you gotta dance with the guy that brought you so here I am with it. Any help is appreciated. IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1809.JPG IMG_1817.JPG IMG_1818.JPG IMG_1810.JPG IMG_1816.JPG IMG_1807.JPG View attachment 270237

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
    Mike Meints and villdetwink like this.
  2. jtraxler

jtraxler Member

Jul 17, 2018
    I did some checking and the value floats between $850 and $1,000 respectively. I know the TRP's are more desirable but I also know the TRP's usually have the adjustable sights that some want and others don't. The frame and slide are in excellent condition. It did come with CT laser grips that have been stippled but in a way that makes them feel professional and look just as good. I don't know if I'll keep them or get a nice set of full size grips and sell these on Ebay. Not usually a fan of the laser as if it goes down in a fight you have only your original sights you should be trusting anyway.

Can someone tell me the difference in quality and style of the MC's vs. mine?

3. ChuckC

ChuckC Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2016
    MC operators have a shorter rail under most circumstances, and the armorykote finish. About all. Are you looking for a resale value?

jtraxler likes this.
  4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Essentially, its a Loaded model that has a full rail.
    Its on par with a MC operator. I like this Loaded model over the TRP because Im not a fan of the rear sights on the TRP Operator

jtraxler likes this.
  5. jtraxler

jtraxler Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Just more information overall...I'm keeping this one unless I absolutely have to sell it because it's the last 1911 I have. I'm learning more about it through research but there's so much to understand th differences. Any help is appreciated.

6. theJanitor

theJanitor Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2014
    I had this model before. solid gun. I had intended to send it off to trim back the dustcover and add ball cuts. I sold it before getting that far

simonp, ChuckC and jtraxler like this.
  7. jtraxler

jtraxler Member

Jul 17, 2018
    I haven’t shot it yet but the fit is just so amazing. It’s a beast like I said. I looked at SA custom improvements but money is very tight right now due to daughters medical bills.

8. bad2006z71

bad2006z71 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2018
    It's a loaded model with a full rail. Forgings came from Brazil and finished in the US.
    Fairly nice pistols. My buddy has one.
    If it was sent back for slide/frame fit, it is possible it was done under Warranty, which would be just the factory guys.
    However, it could have went to the custom shop for slide/frame fit (the CS won't put the CS logo on worked on guns, only on ground up SACS pistols), but that would be kind of unlikely since nothing else was changed, IE, barrel and bushing replacement.

jtraxler likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted