1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the mayhem at Scottsdale Gun Club yesterday they had one on the wall and for less money ($800) that I have seen them on GB.

I was very disappointed in the action -- it was tight and gritty and not something I was expecting. Waiting in line to look at it I was convinced I would had been bringing it home.

Anyone have one?

·
Banned
824 Posts
I was interested until I saw the price. For me, it's too much for a .410. Now if they would make a 12g version, I'd be willing to shell out that kind of cash. The one you examined may have just been a lemon though, all the other Henry lever actions I've handled have had nice actions on them, though I haven't seen one of these yet.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ReaperCustom45 The fit, finish and craftsmanship is quite nice -that I can attest to. But with shock-waves and other alternatives I see your point

·
Banned
824 Posts
Yeah, I have no doubt the quality is worth the money, Henry makes a great product. I just have a hard time spending that kind of money for a 410. I will say though, Taylor/Chiappa's 1887 clone has really caught my eye...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts