1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my first 1911 a year ago, I was told it was a disease and I would not be able to control it. Well, I just got my 3rd one a few days ago. Kimber Pro Carry Stainless in 9mm. I hope that 9mm is not blasphemy here. :grin:
I wanted a 9 so I could afford to do more shooting. After picking it up I got to thinking about how many .45acp boxes I could buy for the price of the gun. Then I remembered: I had the disease. Well, the first shot out of that gun was expensive, but it got a lot cheaper after that. :lol:

DSC02604a.jpg
DSC02606a.jpg

Have only had the time to run 50 rounds of range ammo and 25 rounds of SD ammo through it so far. Flawless operation so far. The grips are Leopardwood, a pair I already had from Sarge at The Finer Grain.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Very nice... I only have five 9mm 1911s, but they are great pistols IMO.

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
Not bad at all! A friend at work got one of these recently, and I got to play with it for a few minutes. It felt better than I expected it would.'

I like the grips too. :thumb:

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Congrats, I love shooting my 9mm Kimber. Very reliable 1911. I have a full size, been thinking about a commander length....

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
I was very surprised as to how much fun 9mm 1911's can be.
Probably going to have to get a another one as my wife has climed my Les Baer PII in 9 for her own!

DAT85

·
In Therapy, no hope
1,344 Posts
Very nice, like the grain in the grips.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Nice choice on the grips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts